SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Still In Consideration

sfxtk.jpg

In an interview Yoshinori Ono of Capcom was asked if Street Fighter x Tekken was coming to the 3DS. This is what he said in response:

It’s possible. For the 3DS, I wanted to do an [Super Street Fighter IV:] Arcade Edition version, but I haven’t had a chance to do that because of all the other things I’m up to. At the company, we’re debating should we go for an AE port on 3DS? Should we skip that and go straight to Street Fighter x Tekken? There are a lot of things up in the air, so I can’t say for sure what our next 3DS project will be.

We’ve heard talk of Street Fighter x Tekken before possibly coming to the handheld and personally, I think that’d be a more interesting title to have compared to the Arcade Edition.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

Delay News

kidic.jpg

Just as we reported three weeks ago, flagship 3DS title Kid Icarus: Uprising has overshot and will reach Europe in early 2012.

The most up-to-date Nintendo release schedule pegs Project Sora's first 3DS game for the first quarter of calendar year 2012, so Pit should shoot in any time between January and March next year.

The game is scheduled for a holiday release in North America.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More Street Fighter?
What the fuck do they add to new Street Fighter games anyway? A few costumes, 1-2 new character...

Graphics feels dated, wtf man.
I dont DISLIKE street fighter series, but thats just ridiculous.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Ono, give me Street Fighter X Tekken. I'd much rather have that than what I consider a fairly useless update of Super Street Fighter IV (I like Yun and Yang as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have a whole new experience rather than an updated old one).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'd prefer a monster hunter.

Or

Megaman
tpi.gif

Just kidding. But 2 more street fighters? That's quite a lot.
Animated backgrounds and 3D at 60 fps would be appreciated though.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
One Street fighter game is enough for the 3DS. Releasing two more is overkill. Capcom needs to chill out and wait for the Wii U to be released.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hyro-Sama said:
One Street fighter game is enough for the 3DS. Releasing two more is overkill. Capcom needs to chill out and wait for the Wii U to be released.
They would probably release a few more on the 3DS in the coming years lol.

Street Fighter x Tekken sound ok, but what the fuck is the difference between SSFIV and Arcade edition o.O

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tanveer said:
Hyro-Sama said:

Street Fighter x Tekken sound ok, but what the fuck is the difference between SSFIV and Arcade edition o.O
This is the only difference, which is rather stupid

An arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV was released by Capcom titled Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition in December 2010. Arcade Edition added Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu and Oni to the roster and addressed some balance issues with the older characters.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SamAsh07 said:
Tanveer said:
Hyro-Sama said:

This is the only difference, which is rather stupid

An arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV was released by Capcom titled Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition in December 2010. Arcade Edition added Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu and Oni to the roster and addressed some balance issues with the older characters.
Its just a way of getting quick cash lol.
I knew about the extra characters, but other than that I dont feel any different.
Could just release updates/addons for "non-arcade" version o.o

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AE isn't a significant enough revision to warrant a full retail release in my opinion, it would basically betray anyone who bought the launch title.

Street Fighter X Tekken on the other hand is an entirely different matter, naturally. Let it come to the 3DS so long as the console titles aren't compromised for the handheld experience.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I first planned to write:
QUOTE said:
What's with the disregard of the EU delay of Kid Icarus?!
cry.gif

If more games keep getting delayed and cancelled, it may just make my planned purchase of a 3DS less likely! Come ON, devs! If you already have it in English, and have also already planned localising it to the entire Europe, why is it taking SO long?

But then I realized I sound JUST like the Americans who are complaining about Xenoblade and the likes, and I can most certainly and verily say that I don't relate to them, because I'm not butthurt over a delayed title.
After all, a thing called patience does exist, American consumers.
In fact, I'll peacefully wait until 2012 for it, and buy it along with a new 3DS
smile.gif

I know I'm generalizing Americans here, but I only do so because of the stereotypes that Operation Rainfall carries with it. I'm just doing a simple criticism of it.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
more ports.. this 3Ds need some fresh air already, and Capcom to stop milking the cow like there's no fkn tomorrow!!

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I will online bitch slap Ono if they release Arcade Edition on the 3DS

As for SFxTekken, I'm interested, kinda.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have been happy with an Ultimate Street Fighter 2 on the regular DS. Namco made old Tekken games on the GBA, why not the DS?

Fighting games on the 3DS are all well and fine, especially fighting games people have actually heard of before, but the DS has MILLIONS of systems out there, the 3DS, not so much. Know what I mean?

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
So they cancel MML3 and compensate us with more fighting games. Oh joy.

Compensate? Capcom doesn't owe you shit for cancelling MML3. Ono and his team who work on Street Fighter have absolutely nothing to do with Mega Man, and to suggest that they're releasing more fighting games to appease fans of Mega Man is bullshit. They sell fighting games because they sell well, end of story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.