1. ExzoTikFruiT

OP ExzoTikFruiT Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Hi, everybody. Tell me, should this capacitor be in short? I first saw that the fuse next to it had burned out,and replaced it according to the ns_check manual,and then started ringing the elements. After replacing the capacitor, the short remains. What is he responsible for?

Attached Files:

Last edited by ExzoTikFruiT, Jul 30, 2020
  2. SheriffBuck

SheriffBuck Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    This is a smoothing capacitor that sits between VBus from USB and ground. If you've got a short here, then you want to check your USB soldering if you replaced it or for bent pins, the two large mosfets that hang off this line and finally the M92 which takes this feed.

As you've discovered any short here takes out the fuse.

I'd focus on the USB port.

Sheriff

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Modificatorul likes this.
  3. Modificatorul

Modificatorul GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Then from m92 go to bq charghing ic, if everyting is fine ,usb port, no shorted caps around mn92 except the 5/15v line check the caps around bq ic and so on. I think i had a similar situation and was in my case a shorted cap around bq charching ic.

SheriffBuck i think you can help this guy better then my , see thread if you have time.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-lite...he-screen-doesnt-turn-on.571362/#post-9159250

Last edited by Modificatorul, Aug 7, 2020
  4. andres1234

andres1234 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    when i have short in this capacitor is a usb c broken, in all time usb c port have pins bad
    i dont know others cases :(

Modificatorul likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Capacitor, circuit, short