Can't use my backed up DLC

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by synce, Sep 25, 2011.

Sep 25, 2011

Can't use my backed up DLC by synce at 5:19 PM (585 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. synce
    OP

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    I FTP'd it from my hard drive before formatting and when I placed everything back later it installed fine but wouldn't work. Ex: the NG2 DLC corrupted my install data and the SC4 DLC wouldn't show up in-game. The only thing that's worked so far is the MGS database, which isn't really even DLC.

Has anyone been able to pull their DLC off the console and put it back without problems?

2. synce
    OP

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    lol No one seems to know about this on any of the 'scene' sites... I feel like I'm the only non-pirate with a CFW PS3

3. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    From what i heard (by heard i mean read) a LONG time ago, you needed to re-activate the DLC, that used to be done by simples logging into the PSN, but nowadays that's impossible.

BUT i believe there was a homebrew program that could activate it, although this was some time ago, and i can't remember it, try searching for a program to re-activate your DLC.

edit update: found this, dunno if this still works though... http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/02/release-xreg-plus-v1-0-re-enable-dlc/ only works with DLC that YOU have bought.

hope it helps

4. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Unfortunately you may just have to pirate the DLC you already downloaded (which is apparently possible now). Sorry.