Can't use in-game menus?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by TreasureCat, Dec 14, 2013.

1. TreasureCat
    OP

TreasureCat Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2010
    United States
    I've got a bit of a problem. I've had my dstwo for a long time and it has always worked great, but I haven't touched it in about a year and a half and I barely remember how to use it.

I fired it up today (in my DSi) and after selecting DS games from the initial menu it launches directly into Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Which is fine, I probably had the cart set to automatically run the last DS game I played, and that was probably BiS. But I can't get the in-game menu to come up.

Does anybody know what to do? L R Start/Select doesn't do anything, and I don't know how to change any settings or launch any other games if I can't access either the in-game menu or the game launcher. Please help. Thanks.

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Try to edit the globalsettings.ini file in the _dstwo folder at the computer.

3. TreasureCat
    OP

TreasureCat Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2010
    United States
    Thank you, I will do that. I won't be able to try it for a few days, though, because I'm not at home with my card reader. Is there a solution from the DS itself? I'm guessing if there were you'd have mentioned it, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks again.

4. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    Are you running the game in patch mode? (either the X or the Y button when highlighting the game in DSGAME should expose the menu)