Hacking Can't use EZ Flash IV saves on VBA

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I can't get the .sav files that get created on my microSD card using my EZ Flash IV cart to import properly to VBA.

I'm running into this issue with every game whose .sav file size is 8kb.

If I use EZ4Client 1.03 and force the save type to EEPROM 512kb, I get 32kb .sav files that sometimes properly get imported, depending on the ROM. But, I am certain that I can't just go through and repatch some 160+ ROMs to the exact same save type and have them to work properly.

Is there a universal method of getting .sav files created by the EZ Flash IV cart to work for VBA? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How are you attempting to import them? Just renaming and putting them with the VBA saves or file -> import -> battery save.

What games have you tried? There are some games that get annoying, typically pokemon but there are others.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tons. The weird thing is, it worked before.

I am using EZ4Client 1.03 and the same 2GB microSD card as always.

MegaMan Battle Network 2, Final Fight One, Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival; it's completely random. None of them are working properly. I had MegaMan Battle Network working correctly, and was able to import the .sav just fine.

Been using VBA for some 12 years now and never had a problem like this before. Got the Emulator settings under Save Type set to Automatic, but it won't import no matter what I do. It only imports 32kb .sav files. I don't want to have to repatch my entire collection if I can avoid it.

Seems like the simplest solution would be a converter, but none of the ones I have tried so far are working, including the one posted above.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brand new. Just got it a week ago.

The EEPROM converter says it succeeded in converting the .sav, but it's still 8kb (MMBN2), and it does nothing when I try to import it. I've tried making sure the names were exactly the same. Same ROM. Same folder. Tried every single possible configuration and it refuses to import it properly.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It flips the bits so you can use it in VBA or real cart where the rom is unaltered and the save type is EEPROM.

I just checked the rom information in offline list and on advanscence and they both come back as the rom save type is SRAM v112. That would mean you have been patching the rom for nothing.

Info on ROM and save type:
http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbreleases.php?id=0458

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I DID patch MMBN2 with GBAATM. Would that make its saves incompatible with VBA?

The same issue happens with other ROMs, too. I am going to test a bunch of them in a row and report back if any of them at all actually work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill