Gaming Can't update some games

Quaxo76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I just set up a new n3DS XL console, with latest Luma and everything. It works well, but I can't update some of the games that have updates available.
Most games updated fine, but some just don't (i.e. VVVVVVV, Majora's Mask, AIRace etc). They all give a "005-2008" error.
Some threads suggest a possible ban, but wouldn't that affect ALL games?
Or could it be a region issue? i.e. I'm trying to update an US game with an EU console? How could I check if that's the case, and are there possible solutions besides finding update CIAs (which isn't easy)?

Thanks
Cristian

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just set up a new n3DS XL console, with latest Luma and everything. It works well, but I can't update some of the games that have updates available.
Most games updated fine, but some just don't (i.e. VVVVVVV, Majora's Mask, AIRace etc). They all give a "005-2008" error.
Some threads suggest a possible ban, but wouldn't that affect ALL games?
Or could it be a region issue? i.e. I'm trying to update an US game with an EU console? How could I check if that's the case, and are there possible solutions besides finding update CIAs (which isn't easy)?

Thanks
Cristian
U can't update other region games via eshop

Quaxo76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reply. I didn't actually open eShop, I just followed the directions when launching the games; does that still go "invisibly" through the eShop?
Would it be possible to temporarily change the region of the console to US, update the games, and switch back to EU region, without breaking something permanently?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I didn't actually open eShop, I just followed the directions when launching the games; does that still go "invisibly" through the eShop?
Would it be possible to temporarily change the region of the console to US, update the games, and switch back to EU region, without breaking something permanently?
No either get cia updates or get your region of game

Last edited by Shadow#1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw