Gaming Can't seem to HardMod Pandora Battery (slim)

xshoyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After finding out that the Pandora battery I've been saving for a year or so died from apparent lack of usage, I decided to convert my main battery into a Pandora out of desperation at my PSP becoming fully bricked.

The problem is that nothing I do seems to work. From what I've researched, there's 3 methods:

1) Cut a trace
2) Break a Leg (Hah!)
3) Solder/Glue/Tape a wire between two points

The problem is when I tried them. First, I cut the trace. It didn't auto-power. I cut it all the way through. No auto-power. I cut it until it was a white mess. Nothing. Out of frustration, I cut all the way through the board until it was absolutely impossible for there to be any trace left.

Nothing. No auto-power. Still works as a normal battery, and charges. Powering it on with the MMS yields no results.

Deciding to try option 2 before my spirits are crushed, I pried the leg off.

..Still nothing. I scrape any remnants in case a piece was left over. Nothing. I scrape the silver mesh underneath where the leg was. Nothing.

Because of my lack of a wire and skills, I'm not really sure how to do #3. So I move to desperate measures and decide I might be able to mix-match.

I have a working battery and non-Pandora board. And then I have a Pandora board and a non-working board. if I mix-and-match, I could make a normal one?

After cutting open the Pandora battery as well, I discover the boards themselves are different. Deciding that it was my only option, I try to pry the metal clip off of the working battery's board to free it. Then the metal contacting my knife results in smoke and a nasty smell, assumably a short-out (A tutorial said it was safe to 'cut' the clip, how was I to know?).

Despite me cutting through the board, cutting off a leg, and shorting it out, it still works. As a normal battery.

Could this just be me unlucky, could I have some kind of odd glitch that disables Pandoras (It's a compatible PSP, I've pandora'd it before), or what?

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
was your battery made in china? if it wasn't then you cant hardmod it. but if your battery was made in china then well idk wats wrong.

bobane

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Happens to me too, my battery is a 3.6v 1200mAh from China
i cut the board near the 19, cut the bottom right leg...

and i've looked at about 15 tutorials + youtube

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill