Hacking Can't seem to get Goldeneye 007 to run

EmThree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't tried loading a backup for ages, but I think my ISOs are up to date. The last game I could run properly was Megaman 10.

M.Prower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free bump, also have the same question. I'm thinking about picking this game up and want to make sure it will work first. I'm running system menu 4.1U, so far every game I have seems to play fine though. I'm just curious as to what your problem is since it relates to my situation too. If you get it figured out, let me know. I'll keep an eye on this thread too.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't run goldeneye through wanin rev21 base 57. I load it through Hermes 222.
Base 57 it freezes at the credits at the beginning

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The reason is Darkcorp is OUT OF DATE.

Darkcorp uses his OWN CIOS.
Every Official IOS is patched with Darkcorp, resuting in an almost completely replaced system.
Darkcorp is mainly based an Waninkoko's rev 17. It can't be changes easily for regular users.

I'd recommend using modmii to completely rehack your Wii.
this will get you an up to date Wii with all untouched official ios + plus the needed Cios ( about five slots. )

This will allow you to play original discs, load from USB and play your burned games with Neogamma.
This will give 99,9% compatibilty with Wii and gamecube games.

Darkcorp is actually a very outdated way of loading backups.

EmThree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hielkenator said:

Every Official IOS is patched with Darkcorp, resuting in an almost completely replaced system.
Darkcorp is mainly based an Waninkoko's rev 17. It can't be changes easily for regular users.

this will get you an up to date Wii with all untouched official ios + plus the needed Cios ( about five slots. )

This will allow you to play original discs, load from USB and play your burned games with Neogamma.

Hm? I've been able to load original disks just fine so far. I loaded the game via USB Loader and it works fine now.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EmThree said:
Hielkenator said:

Hm? I've been able to load original disks just fine so far. I loaded the game via USB Loader and it works fine now.

Well, if you are loading your games from an USB HDD, Darkcorp is COMPLETELY OBSOLETE.
You only need a CIOS from Hermes or Waninkoko. No need to completely hack your Wii.
Even if you would run the games from burned backups, it's ABSOLUTE overkill.
There a far better solution to stay as close as possible to the original Wii software.
There's NO need to hack every ios in your Wii.
For the common user it would only create confusion and after a period of time problems.
Loading games with DarkC and loading Backups with a Cios from Waninkoko/ hermes / USB, work in a completely different way.

I'll bet you cannot load an original or copy of the Your shape game from burned media using Darkcorp.
Also I thought you wanted to load GE 007 from a burned backup?
Basicly EVERY game ( few exceptions ) loads from USB.
Compatibilty is much higher. Also the loading times a usually 2,5 time faster using USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: