Can't play Pokemon Sun (Error Occurred and Black Screen when changing scenes)

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Phyzoon, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Phyzoon
    OP

Phyzoon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2009
    Brazil
    Hey tempers, how are you all doing? I've been having some issues while try
    0,ing to play PKMN Sun and I'm hoping someone can help me find a solution somehow. My game hangs when changing scenes right at the beginning of the game, when searching for the first Kahuna. I can hear the music but the screen is just black. Then I saved in front of the entrance that hangs the game and whenever I tried to load it I got "An Error Has Occurred", every single time. I turned on Luma's error thing and the error it gives me is "Data Abort". Last time I tried playing it I got this error (data abort) when starting a new game too, a little bit before reaching the part of the game that usually gets me stuck. At first I thought I might be a SD Card problem, but after formatting I ran H2testw and it came up clean. So I'm kinda lost on what to do now.

I'm currently on firm 11.2, Luma 6.6 (even tried updating to the latest hourly) and downloaded the game from freeShop, so I guess that discards the possibility of a bad cia. I looked far and wide for a solution to this but it seems no one else had this issue. Any help would be appreciated :)

Edit: Also tried cart dump from "that iso site. Same results
    Also, this is the error that I get: http://imgur.com/XonWuLz

Edit 2: Tried a 9.2 ctr transfer to rule out any damaged system titles. Still facing the same issues.

Last edited by Phyzoon, Nov 20, 2016
  2. Phyzoon
    OP

Phyzoon Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2009
    Brazil
    Added some new info to the original post.