Boojieben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My daughter asked me for Miitopia for her birthday and I thought I'd get better value from buying a Sky3DS+ cartridge so she could play a bit of everything. Her console (2DS) is on the latest firmware, as is the cartridge but I can't get Miitopia to load, the console never acknowledges the game is there. Other games work without a problem. Am I missing something simple? I've tried a downloading the rom from a couple of different places, all with the same result.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi all,

My daughter asked me for Miitopia for her birthday and I thought I'd get better value from buying a Sky3DS+ cartridge so she could play a bit of everything. Her console (2DS) is on the latest firmware, as is the cartridge but I can't get Miitopia to load, the console never acknowledges the game is there. Other games work without a problem. Am I missing something simple? I've tried a downloading the rom from a couple of different places, all with the same result.
Did you download as a .3ds file or a .cia?

Boojieben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First attempt was a cia which I then used a tool to convert to .3ds, then a week or so later I found a .3ds download but neither work

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when u cycle through games on sky+ Does it get stuck where miitopia game should be and if double press it skips over and to the next game?
Reason why I ask is I had a problem when adding new games where they wouldn’t show when cycling through on skyplus. I’d press the next button and it would act like was switching to the next game but would stay on the same game unless I doubled pressed the next game button then it would skip over the game and to the game after the one I wanted. I found a trick to get the game to show and I had posted it in forum b4 but can’t locate it for some reason and it’s been awhile since I used skyplus since on b9 luma now.

I think what I did was press next game button on skyplus and right after as sky was loading next game icon I pressed the right arrow pad on 3ds then pressed left to go back onto game icon and the new games icon loaded then after that it appeared normal in the skyplus when cycled through the games. I had it happen for a few new games I had added but not every game. And method worked each time the game no showed.
Hopefully that may solve your issue as it sounds like the game is just not loading up when cycling through each on sky

Last edited by Tri-Z,

Boojieben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It flicks to where the game should be but it never loads the splash screen on the DS, it just acts like there’s nothing there.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Download .3ds file. you can in theory convert a cia to a 3ds to make it work on a SKY3DS+ but you will still need a CFW for it to launch.

Boojieben

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have downloaded a 3ds file with the same results. Does anyone have an image they can confirm as working for me to try?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest you look in "that ISO site", they usually specified if the 3ds file is compatible with SKY3DS+.
Did you update your SKY3DS+ to version at least 130? Miitopia might have the latest AP.
Is the file renamed 3ds.bad? If so it means that the file is probably a converted one from a cia (or a bad dump).

Reactions: Boojieben

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."