Hardware Cant open kickstand for SD card...

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just received my switch not long ago..
I wanna put in a SD card but i cant seem to get the kickstand open i also have almost no nails lol..
But Its a bit hard how did you guys manage to open it the first time is it normal for it to be this hard the first time you open it ???

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just received my switch not long ago..
I wanna put in a SD card but i cant seem to get the kickstand open i also have almost no nails lol..
But Its a bit hard how did you guys manage to open it the first time is it normal for it to be this hard the first time you open it ???
Always use my teeth lol since i've got the same problem that it doesn't open easily

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Always use my teeth lol since i've got the same problem that it doesn't open easily

Hmm what you mean you couldnt get it open either?
Did you get it open now tho?
I dont wanna use my teeth and scratch It up:(
I still cant get it open maybe i need to let my finger nails grow first lol

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thats the thing tho i dont wanna pry it open with screw driver and get scuff marks all over i dont wanna ruin it heh

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thats the thing tho i dont wanna pry it open with screw driver and get scuff marks all over i dont wanna ruin it heh
if you are worried this much, you just should put your switch back in the box and put it into a bank vault... and never touch it again.. the fact you touched just leaved nano marks in it!
just do it... use someting plastic if you are this worried

are you one of thoose that when just buy a device the first month has to wear gloves, protection glasses and is cared about the smallest thing then after a few months you will even drop it into the floor on purpose because "whatever"?

Last edited by migles,

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I find it pretty easy to open. Just make sure your opening it from the right end

maxresdefault.jpg

But the stand still feels like it is made out of crap though....:glare:

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine is like yours. There is NO WAY to pull it out unless you have something at hand, something like a credit card you do not need or a membership card or a loyalty card made of plastic to pry it open. Even when you pry it open it is flimsy as heel and sure does not feel sturdy enough. Push it too hard and it flies off, luckily without breaking so you can put it back. How they could make this so bad, is a big question of mine. I have not seen such shitty stuff for years and i had experience with many chinese knock off stuff.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

When you open it, are you prying it upwards or downwards? The latter flexes the plastic away from the latch point, while the former makes the latch point stick more firmly.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are so scared to scratch it don't use something metallic.
Try with some other flat object, preferably made out of plastic, like e.g. the corner of a credit card.
But anyway, this is so much a non-problem.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: