Can't make SD card 32kb

Rheamfflash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to use a 64gb sd card on my 3ds but it's simply not working. I believe it's the cluster size after formatting it, even when using guiformat to make it fat32 it only goes down to 512kb and when using nintendo's recomended sd card formatter it goes down to 64kb while making it exfat.

I'm really dumb, please help me.

Edit: I found out that my card is faulty and counterfeit, that's why it wasn't working.

Last edited by Rheamfflash,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
use fatformatt gui http://ridgecrop.co.uk/ it let's you do set several cluster sizes

1645371941335.png

Reactions: Lacius

Rheamfflash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Wait, your problem isn't "Can't make SD card 32kb" as stated? It's your problem a non working 3ds? If is that the case you need to try to restore your 3ds functionality, for that go to the several guides here on gbatemp or re do the 3ds hack following the instructions on https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Before anything backup your SDcard, format using fatformatgui, then use H2testW to test it and when you are sure the SD card is faulty free start the reparations on the 3ds. If a SD card fail then use another card

Last edited by impeeza,

Rheamfflash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, your problem isn't "Can't make SD card 32kb" as stated? It's your problem a non working 3ds? If is that the case you need to try to restore your 3ds functionality, for that go to the several guides here on gbatemp or re do the 3ds hack following the instructions on https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Before anything backup your SDcard, format using fatformatgui, then use h2wtest to test it and when you are sure the SD card is faulty free start the reparations on the 3ds. If a SD card fail then use another card
So I folowed CoolMe's advice and I ran a test on my card and it turned out that the 64 gb card is faulty on itself. I'm sure my 3ds is working fine because I tested him with a bunch of smaller cards I had an all of them worked.

Rheamfflash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use 64kb cluster size for your 64GB sd card, if not, i would recommend testing it h2testw to make sure it's not faulty or defective. if it is defective, it'll give you more problems down the line if you don't check it first.
Thanks for the advice, it turns out not only my card was faulty but it's also a counterfeit one.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.