Hacking Can't load up HBL off 64GB SD Card

Dvdxploitr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got wiiu folder with apps folder inside that...try to boot up HBL and just says "SD mount failed"....it works fine with my 32GB card but I have my 3DS stuff on that and since the power cable on my Windows machine decided to stop working...I can't use the 32GB card....all I have to use is my Mac....the 64GB card has a 22GB FAT32 partition on as the first partition

Dvdxploitr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it really necessary to partition? I'm using my 32GB card since I cloned it with Carbon Copy Cloner....there is no option for "unallocated space" on Mac....
I forgot to mention in my post that I am using an 8GB Wii U, so I know 32GB will work for that...

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno how robust the Wii U's mounting is for multiple partitions which is why I say, the formatter will wipe it and make it all one partition, but since you're using Mac I dunno what alternative formatters there are, hm

Dvdxploitr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i tried with and without partition....I don't know why it won't work with my 64GB card but works fine with my 32GB card.....GuiFormat is a Windows program.....if my Windows laptop worked, I could try it there...but the power brick just stopped working the other day...

D

Deleted User

You said you used a Mac, yes? If so, your problem might be that Disk Utility re-formatted your SD Card to become GPT instead of MBR.

If you're using macOS Sierra, I can confirm that Disk Utility allows you to format as MBR (Master Boot Record) instead of forcing everything you try to partition/format to GPT (GUID (Genetically Unique Identifier) Partition Table).

Dvdxploitr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do I need to partition the card? Will it still be readable in the computer once its got RedNAND on it so I can copy files to it for a USB install?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do I need to partition the card? Will it still be readable in the computer once its got RedNAND on it so I can copy files to it for a USB install?
No you should not partition the card and yes you can still copy files to it after setting up rednand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody?