Hacking Can't install cias on sysNAND

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a 9.2 N3DS (downgraded from 10.3), I've installed ReiNAND cfw and able to install cias on emuNAND, but whenever I try to install cias on sysNAND with FBI (from emuNAND), the installation process finish, but when I boot to sysNAND nothing has been installed.
Actually, I didn't installed FBI into sysNAND at first, because injecting into h&S didn't work for me in sysNAND, but did in emuNAND.
I'm suspecting something on my downgrade went wrong, any method to check it to be sure?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
uhm thank you, I'm kinda nabish.

Also you need to run FBI from Sysnand in Pasta Mode not Emunand

Heres the breakdown

FBI EMUNAND
Install to SD (installs to SD card)
Install to Nand (installs to the EMUNAND Partition on SD Card)

FBI ran from SYSNAND
Install to SD (Installs to SD card but will show up in Sysnand)
Install to Nand (installs to the NAND Partition on the 3DS console)

Basically you have been tring to install CIAS to your EMUNAND's partition on your SD card aka which is filling it up and unsafe + this isnt actually installing to the Sysnand

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also you need to run FBI from Sysnand in Pasta Mode not Emunand

Heres the breakdown

FBI EMUNAND
Install to SD (installs to SD card)
Install to Nand (installs to the EMUNAND Partition on SD Card)

FBI ran from SYSNAND
Install to SD (Installs to SD card but will show up in Sysnand)
Install to Nand (installs to the NAND Partition on the 3DS console)

Basically you have been tring to install CIAS to your EMUNAND's partition on your SD card aka which is filling it up and unsafe + this isnt actually installing to the Sysnand
Thanks for the clarifications. You wrote it's unsafe to do what I did, could you elaborate? Also, is there any way I can revert those installations? Maybe just format the SD and then restore the emunand backup?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the clarifications. You wrote it's unsafe to do what I did, could you elaborate? Also, is there any way I can revert those installations? Maybe just format the SD and then restore the emunand backup?
well if you backed up your Emunand before you installed them you can restore then yeah.

Btw you can restore backup without formatting SD card you only format it when making the Emunand partition.

And its not really safe because the Sysnand (Nand area) is also where all your 3DS system files are installed like friends list online access etc so instantly filling it cannot be safe

Reactions: 4ur0r

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I have a 9.2 N3DS (downgraded from 10.3), I've installed ReiNAND cfw and able to install cias on emuNAND, but whenever I try to install cias on sysNAND with FBI (from emuNAND), the installation process finish, but when I boot to sysNAND nothing has been installed.
Actually, I didn't installed FBI into sysNAND at first, because injecting into h&S didn't work for me in sysNAND, but did in emuNAND.
I'm suspecting something on my downgrade went wrong, any method to check it to be sure?
You can't install to sysNAND from emuNAND...

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why would you want to install them on sysnand anyway? The only thing that's useful to have on sysnand is dev menu, nothing else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5