Hacking Can't get R4 cheats working

aggyyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble getting my R4 cheats to work. I press Y, the menu thing comes up. I press X, cheats come up. I use A to select the cheats I want and accept changes. I go back in, cheats are still selected. I enter the game, they don't work. I go back to the cheat menu, and the cheats are still selected. I have tried this for all my R4 games (Which comes to about 8) and not a single cheat works, So i checked the R4 cheat code editor and checked the game IDs of all my games and compared them to my USRCHEAT.dat. They matched up. I checked the cheat codes on several websites against the same ID, they matched up. So I just can't get it working!
glare.gif
hate2.gif

So is there anything I can do?

Extra info:
I got my R4 recently, so excuse my stupid mistakes!
I'm running wood firmware.
My microSD is 2GB
The games themselves run fine, all of 'em.

If you need any other info, just ask, please help me!
moogle.gif
yaynds.gif

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
aggyyu said:
I'm having trouble getting my R4 cheats to work. I press Y, the menu thing comes up. I press X, cheats come up. I use A to select the cheats I want and accept changes. I go back in, cheats are still selected. I enter the game, they don't work. I go back to the cheat menu, and the cheats are still selected. I have tried this for all my R4 games (Which comes to about 8) and not a single cheat works, So i checked the R4 cheat code editor and checked the game IDs of all my games and compared them to my USRCHEAT.dat. They matched up. I checked the cheat codes on several websites against the same ID, they matched up. So I just can't get it working!
glare.gif
hate2.gif

So is there anything I can do?

Extra info:
I got my R4 recently, so excuse my stupid mistakes!
I'm running wood firmware.
My microSD is 2GB
The games themselves run fine, all of 'em.

If you need any other info, just ask, please help me!
moogle.gif
yaynds.gif

Um.. there's a very simple solution to this.. ^^

Quote from tk_saturn:
YEAH I QUOTED HIS POST SO WHAT!? ;-;

tk_saturnCheats can be enabled globally for all games, or just for individual games. To enable cheats globally, from within Wood R4 press (start), select 'Settings', press the  button 3 times and next to 'Cheat In Game (AR)' select 'on'. Now Press (A) to confirm.

IMG_3686-1.gif

To enable cheats for an individual game, highlight a game and press (Y) to bring up the properties. Now press (Y) again, press the  button, next to 'Cheat in Game (AR)' select 'On', press (A) to confirm the changes. This will override the setting under the patches menu, By default it will be 'Global' which means it will use what ever setting is present in the 'Patches' menu. 'Off' will disable cheats overriding the setting in the 'Patches' menu.

IMG_3675-1.gif

Now you have to select which cheats you want to enable for your game. To do this this highlight your ROM, press the (Y) button to bring up the properties, Now press the (X) button. Press (A) to select the cheats to enable, and when you are done press (X) to confirm.

IMG_3663.gif

You will have to do this every time you update WoodR4 to a newer version.. because this comes deactivated by default.

Hope this helped mate!
biggrin.gif

aggyyu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much
smile.gif
I had no idea of this, so, again, thanks!!!!!
EDIT: Tried and working- thanks for the quick reply!

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic: i know