Hacking Can't get my switch to boot at all

adaniel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I can't get my switch to boot at all. When I got home today, my system wouldn't read my cartridges, so I disabled AutoRCM to prepare to send it to be repaired, but then I re-enabled it just for the hell of it and it can read cartridges again for some reason. So I used TegraRcmGUI 2.6 to boot back into RCM, launched fusee-payload as usual, and atmosphere never booted. Now I can't do anything at all. Nothing. I've tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, brought up TegraRcmGUI but it doesn't recognize my console anymore so I can't boot back into RCM... I have no idea how to fix this. Is my console bricked?

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you boot into original firmware. Game carts usually wont read in custom firmware from what i have witnessed. Maybe try deleting atmo files and reinstalling (copy to sd card) make sure to remove all atmo files before re copying files

Reactions: adaniel

adaniel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I was able to somehow get it to boot into RCM again. I plugged the system up to an outlet as if I was going to charge the system and held the power button for about 15s. Then I left it charging for about 30 mins then unplugged it and held the power button down for another 12-15 seconds. After that, TegraRCMGUI allowed me to inject a payload. I wish I had not burnt my fuses though, that really pisses me off because I could go back to 4.1.0 if I needed to.

By the way, my gamecard reader wasn't reading games simply because of a setting in the file BCT.ini. You just have to add nogc = 0 at the end of the file. Good to know after-the-fact.

At least my Switch isn't a brick if there is anything good that came from this.

Reactions: wartutor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?