Hacking Cant get GC multigames to work?

owvp702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Multigame ISO Creator 3.2.4 to put a few Gamecube games on one disk. When I put the disk in the Wii it shows the Gamecube banner in the disk channel. I click on it and it shows the 3 games I have listed and says Press A.

Here's the problem. I press A on the wii remote and the remote flashes and then turns off and that's it. It doesn't stay on and I can't navigate the menu or start the game. Anyone know what's going on?

owvp702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that might be it so I tried that, does it not work with the Wavebird controller? I'll try a couple other things. Thanks

owvp702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i tried a wired GC controller and i'm able to navigate the GCOS page and select the game. However now when I select the game it says Audio has to be set up so I hit okay. No matter what I select from the next menu Y for NTSC, R for 480p, A for auto detect, it just gives me a green screen and the games never start.

owvp702

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made 2 disks, one with REmake (2 disks), Resident Evil 2 (1 disk). And the other disk has Resident Evil 3 (one disk) and Resident Evil CVX (2 disks).

REmake is the only one that works. The rest all give me a green screen. I looked at some sort of compatibility chart on the web and it said they all should work. Any ideas?

EDIT: I looked here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/GCO...ty_List:_NTSC-U

I shrunk all of them so that could be the problem. I'm going to try them all again without shrinking this time though.

FINAL EDIT:

Okay I've got it all figured out. After recreating the multi ISO without shrinking the wavebird would actually control the GCOS menu, However, I was still getting the green screen. After trying a few things all I got it to work. All I needed to do was select NO when GCOS prompted me to fix the audio for the game. Once selecting NO the game booted up fine and I played each game about 10 minutes to make sure everything was working properly. So to sum up.

Don't Shrink, make sure you select the correct region when creating the multi ISO, and selecting not to fix the audio in GCOS fixed the issues I was having.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ