Hacking Can't Get DS VC Dump to Work with Loadiine

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
While I know most people's minds here are elsewhere right now, but I'm having a problem loading my dump of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Explorers of Sky (that I bought with my hard earned money, it's not on that ISO site, AFAIK).

I dumped it using DDD, and I'm not sure how successful it was. I don't quite have the log, but basically, I waited on the title screen until it looked like it was done on the CMD, then I hit HOME and it dumped some more stuff, and then I went into the manual and downloaded a ton of crap. I waited for DDD to be done each time. When, I checked the output folder, I got this:

folder.PNG
folder2.PNG
folder3.PNG
folder4.PNG

I first tried it like this in Loadiine, at it gave me a black screen, but I could turn off the Wii U just by tapping power. I checked it against some other injects and dumps, and there's way more files than there usually is, but when I removed the files that didn't exist in those, (surf.rpx, all those rpls, everything in content except 0010) I got the exact same result.

The folder name on my SD is "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 - Explorers of Sky [DA4P01]". I have other DS injects that work perfectly in the build of Loadiine I'm using, so I'm stumped. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I believe this is one of the most recent DS VC games, so the emulator is more up to date, and might have better compatibility that would allow us to inject more DS games.

Last edited by FlappyFalco,

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Well, I tried dumping it again, this time without going into the manual, and it gave me just the files I needed, and ran just fine on Loadiine.

So, learn from my mistake and take this as a word of warning, do not go near the manual when dumping a DS/GBA game or it will give you a load of crap that will prevent Loadiine from running it.

I'll try dumping stuff into it now, and we'll see how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool, lots of cool games available for PS3. Game on!