kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know how to access them through the card and how to update the cheat database on the acekard but for some reason, they just don't work. I select the cheats, press select to save, go to game, nth happens. So far, the only way i've been able to get the cheats to work on my game is to get my other micro sd, put the game and save file in there, put that in my R4, cheat there, then transfer the save file onto my acekard. However, thats a bit tedious, can anyone help me out?

DemonDSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got mine to work had to use the usercheat file thingie, took me ages to find out how to get the cheat menu up, did not realise i had to press start! and go from there.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DemonDSi said:
i got mine to work had to use the usercheat file thingie, took me ages to find out how to get the cheat menu up, did not realise i had to press start! and go from there.
omg, that worked. The way i kept getting to the cheats was pressing either x or y (i can't remember which one but it was one of them). I tried your way of getting to the cheats by pressing the start button, it worked nicely. Thx.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is why we have the wiki, which is stickied at the top of the acekard sub forum. i really wish people would start to read it and do their own research.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKA...o_Enable_Cheats

Direct from the WIKI said:
How to Enable Cheats
Once you open the Cheat Window, you will see codes that are not sorted into folders first, followed by folders, in a list. Folders can be expanded by pressing the A button while highlighting it. Pressing the A button while a cheat is highlighted will enable the cheat, or disable it if it is already enabled. Pressing the Start or Select button will save and exit.

-another world

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
this is why we have the wiki, which is stickied at the top of the acekard sub forum. i really wish people would start to read it and do their own research.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKA...o_Enable_Cheats

Direct from the WIKI said:
How to Enable Cheats
Once you open the Cheat Window, you will see codes that are not sorted into folders first, followed by folders, in a list. Folders can be expanded by pressing the A button while highlighting it. Pressing the A button while a cheat is highlighted will enable the cheat, or disable it if it is already enabled. Pressing the Start or Select button will save and exit.

-another world
ok first: I did do a search, i couldn't find anyone who had the same problem as me, however, there is no way you could have known that, so i won't blame you for it

second, and no offence (seriously, plz try not to be offended, I am not trying to insult you) but the thing you just quoted for me would have been completely useless. I got the window open, i knew how to save the cheats, i knew how to select the cheats. HOWEVER, i just opened the window in the wrong way. Apperently, if you open it only by pressing x or y (i can't remember which one), then select and save the cheats you want, it won't work. If you open the window by pressing start and going from there, THEN it will work. I dunno why this is but thats the way it is (at least for me).

However, next time i will try to search the sticky threads as well as use the search option, but thx for the info anyways.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it is obvious to me that you do not know what you are doing.

using akaio (which you said you are):

hitting X anywhere does nothing except add a short cut on the roms properties.
hitting X on the rpg switches between nand and msd.
hitting Y on the rom opens the properties, where you can find the button to open the cheats window.
hitting START on a rom does the same thing as the stylus > start menu option, there is no other way to navigate here.

Once you hit START, use the stylus, or use the "Cheat" button in the roms properties window...

in the cheats menu hitting X rebuilds the DB hitting Y Selects the DB. neither of these has anything to do with making the cheats you have selected, save, and run for the rom. at the top of the screen it says to hit "select = save selection," however, start also works.

i don't know where you both got hung up. this isn't magic, it's code, it only works how it's told to work, and there isn't another way to do this.

-another world

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
it is obvious to me that you do not know what you are doing.

using akaio (which you said you are):

hitting X anywhere does nothing except add a short cut on the roms properties.
hitting X on the rpg switches between nand and msd.
hitting Y on the rom opens the properties, where you can find the button to open the cheats window.
hitting START on a rom does the same thing as the stylus > start menu option, there is no other way to navigate here.

Once you hit START, use the stylus, or use the "Cheat" button in the roms properties window...

in the cheats menu hitting X rebuilds the DB hitting Y Selects the DB. neither of these has anything to do with making the cheats you have selected, save, and run for the rom. at the top of the screen it says to hit "select = save selection," however, start also works.

i don't know where you both got hung up. this isn't magic, it's code, it only works how it's told to work, and there isn't another way to do this.

-another world
well, at first, i selected the cheats by opening up the rom properties (pressing y) and selecting there. For some reason, and i dunno why, the cheats did not work. When i opened up the cheat menu using the start button and selecting the cheat menu there, it did work. Like i said, i don't know why this is the case, but it is, at least for me. Anyways, now that this is solved, we can just drop the subject.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: