Hacking Can't format microSD

Peefree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 4GB SDHC microSD card and every time I plug it in the computer it says it needs to be formatted, which usually isn't a problem except that when I go to format the card it says it is write protected. How do I disable this with the USB adaptor I'm using?

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should format it asap before (more) stuff gets broken in the filesystem.

Spark is right.

T555-1122-callout.jpg
(from tomshardware)

Peefree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried using the SD adaptor but when I plug it, or any of the other two I have, into the slot on my computer it just freezes. Is there anyway to do this with just the USB adaptor that comes with most flashcarts?

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but look for a notch or switch on it that might make it write protected. (or better yet post a picture or video of the USB reader you're using, so we can see)

There might be something on your PC you might need to configure, mass storage device might have write protect...

I don't believe micro SD has a software write protect, it defiantly doesn't have any hardware that does it that I've seen.

Peefree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMG_0681.jpg

The USB adaptor is the one that came with my R4 card and the SD adaptors are the ones that came with various microSD cards with the Verbatim one matching the microSD I'm having troubles with.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the other SD adapters (not whatever one was causing trouble). I'm thinking that USB adapter is broken or wasn't manufactured properly which is why it is not working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up