Hardware Can't enter Hourglass9

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm following the 3ds.guide and i'm on the last page where it says "1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to enter Hourglass9" but nothing is happening both of my screens are black. What should I do?

EDIT: This was solved but i'm having another problem: I'm not able to create a hs.app on the Health&Safety Dump.
11340320170129221856.jpg

Edit: solved.

Last edited by INEEDASKY3ds,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you have start_Hourglass9.bin file in your Luma/Payloads folder? The renaming of the file is crucial for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Distrance,

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Only closing the lid while on 2.1 can brick the device IF you're using New 3DS. Whatever your console may be, shutting it down is perfectly fine.
Can I ask you another thing? I'm doing the Health & Safety to hs.app but it keeps on failing... Have I missed something again? :(

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can I ask you another thing? I'm doing the Health & Safety to hs.app but it keeps on failing... Have I missed something again? :(

What do you mean exactly? When does the error happen? When dumping hs.app, or when injecting FBI into hs.app? There are other ways to install FBI as well but I'm afraid I don't actually know how as injecting is the only way I've ever done it. @Dimensional Care to enlighten how exactly do you get FBI on a console without the inject method? I remember we argued in some thread about this the other day .. :D

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean exactly? When does the error happen? When dumping hs.app, or when injecting FBI into hs.app? There are other ways to install FBI as well but I'm afraid I don't actually know how as injecting is the only way I've ever done it. @Dimensional Care to enlighten how exactly do you get FBI on a console without the inject method? I remember we argued in some thread about this the other day .. :D
These are the steps from the guide:
Section V - Injecting FBI
  1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to enter Hourglass9
  2. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “Health&Safety Dump” option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Press (B), then select the “Health&Safety Inject” option
  4. Select the FBI injectable .app for your region
  5. Press (A) and confirm to inject
  6. Press (Start) to reboot
  7. If you still launch to the stock Health & Safety app and have downgraded with Gateway in the past, follow this troubleshooting guide
I'm having trouble with both. I tried to overwrite but it keeps on failing :/

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah odd. Best wait until more experienced users come in to help .. I really don't know as I've never had that problem :/. I've read about such problems, but I can't remember the solution either .. sorry.

@Quantumcat Any chance you know the solution to this? Your name is the first one that popped into my mind :c

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: INEEDASKY3ds

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah odd. Best wait until more experienced users come in to help .. I really don't know as I've never had that problem :/. I've read about such problems, but I can't remember the solution either .. sorry.

@Quantumcat Any chance you know the solution to this? Your name is the first one that popped into my mind :c
this is what happens
41304720170129204123.jpg

35097520170129204126.jpg

57276820170129204138.jpg

And this is what happens for the H&S inject:
46889820170129204207.jpg

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And .. your SD card isn't full right? I mean that's what the error basically says, though I'm inclined to believe it's not since the hs.app is so small to begin with. Do you have another SD card to test with, though? Since it also says SD failure. Though SD being corrupted i find also unlikely as if it were corrupted you'd likely be facing a brick right now.

Reactions: HyperT

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
^might be right. Try putting the sdcard in your pc and see if it wants to check for errors [chkdsk]. If you dirty unmount, the sdcard can go into a state where its essentially read only. Hopefully its not actually corrupted/fully tead-writed

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And .. your SD card isn't full right? I mean that's what the error basically says, though I'm inclined to believe it's not since the hs.app is so small to begin with. Do you have another SD card to test with, though? Since it also says SD failure. Though SD being corrupted i find also unlikely as if it were corrupted you'd likely be facing a brick right now.
^might be right. Try putting the sdcard in your pc and see if it wants to check for errors [chkdsk]. If you dirty unmount, the sdcard can go into a state where its essentially read only. Hopefully its not actually corrupted/fully tead-writed
it's a 32GB... I'm so confused right now because I did check if it was corrupted and it wasn't. I tried deleting the hs.app and now its saying "Could not create hs.app". @_@

Last edited by INEEDASKY3ds,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Don't quote me on this but maybe you can install it by accessing Homebrew Launcher (use soundhax?) and use the .3ds file of FBI to launch it from the HBL - then install FBI cia file with the FBI you're using .. For this you'd want to get the .3ds and .cia FBI files from the FBI's download page.

Not 100% sure if that'll work tho. If all else fails just wait till someone gets in here and tells you the alternative way to install FBI without the inject method. I know it's possible so you're not screwed or anything - just wait I guess.

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's a 32GB... I'm so confused right now because I did check if it was corrupted and it wasn't.
Don't quote me on this but maybe you can install it by accessing Homebrew Launcher (use soundhax?) and use the .3ds file of FBI to launch it from the HBL - then install FBI cia file with the FBI you're using .. For this you'd want to get the .3ds and .cia FBI files from the FBI's download page.

Not 100% sure if that'll work tho. If all else fails just wait till someone gets in here and tells you the alternative way to install FBI without the inject method. I know it's possible so you're not screwed or anything - just wait I guess.
I've been checking around with the SysNAND and I can't proceed the SysNAND Backup either... I seem to be having problems after problems :(

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Try running H2testw on the card again and be sure to check the capacity of the card. Based on your description there is a chance that the SD card is in fact, fake. So it's trying to write data to space that doesn't exist or something like that.

INEEDASKY3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try running H2testw on the card again and be sure to check the capacity of the card. Based on your description there is a chance that the SD card is in fact, fake. So it's trying to write data to space that doesn't exist or something like that.
It was working perfectly you know, when I first downloaded hs.app and then had to do the Health&Safety Inject part, that's when I messed up by enjecting the wrong one because I accidentally pressed the button onto the wrong one instead of choosing the FBI of my region. Since then I've been having problems. I decided to delete the hs.app from the SD card again in hopes that I could reinstall it and smoothly continue onto the next steps but then it just couldn't download it. I think I shouldnt have deleted it in the first place because I think I lost some of the previous data to make this step function...

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Na - seems write locked - not fake to me.
Is there a lock slider on the sdcard?

Have you ran chkdsk on it?

Don't worry about the hs.app it only really matters if you want to make your own injectable .app(s) or restore h&s app.

The other way to install fbi is through h&s as mentioned above, but you'll need to be able to write to your sdcard again

Last edited by HyperT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning