Can't dump Mario Kart Wii with CleanRip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ComboOfWombo, May 15, 2017.

1. ComboOfWombo
    OP

ComboOfWombo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, but I really need help! I'm trying to dump some of my favorite Wii games to use in USB Loader GX! I've dumped a few GC games as well, and they work perfectly! But whenever I try to dump Mario Kart Wii, it says "Unrecovered read error" I know the disc isn't screwed up because when I played it through normal means (loading through disc channel), it played flawlessly! Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks!

EDIT: I updated my cIOS's, and it seems to be progressing further through the dump than last time... fixed?

EDIT 2: damn it... same error again...

Last edited by ComboOfWombo, May 15, 2017
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Try holding the disc up to a light source. It may not have scratches but the foil could have a hole in it. You can estimate where on the disc the problem is by how far the progress makes it before it fails. The problem may be on an area of the disc that the game doesn't use but CleanRip reads the entire disc.

You could also try just using the dumper in USB Loader GX. I think it only reads the system area and the data partitions.

3. ComboOfWombo
    OP

ComboOfWombo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Last time I tried to dump ANYTHING with USBLGX, it just softlocked. But I tried it again just for the hell of it, and it seems to be progressing just fine! Thanks!