Cant download games on Tinfoil. "Failed to Register Placeholder NCA” error using NUT via USB. Please Help!

Anal-Dentistry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always get a “Failed to Register Placeholder NCA” error downloading games via USB. Please Help!

Every time I set up my jailbroke switch it works flawlessly. Then after downloading 2-3 games with tinfoil, it suddenly gives me this error and stops accepting ANY new nsps (or xci) I want to download.

Ive now tried 2 SD cards. One was cheaper, so I bought an official sandisk extreme. Formatted to Fat32.

Its definitely not a space issue. Ive tried it with 100mb games and 16gb games.
My current SD is 512gb!

Im using:
Atmosphere 1.5.3
The latest sig patches
Tinfoil 16.0 (with the latest NUT)
Tegra 2.6 portable
My firmware is 16.0.3
Payloads tried “Fusee.bin” and “Hekate 6.0.5”

I exclusively use USB downloads to get games onto my switch.

Ive seen this issue on a hundred different forum posts and subreddits. But noone has a clear solution.

And whats worked for some, doesnt seem to work for me.

Let me know if I can provide any other details. Im desperate for help!

Attachments

• NCA.jpeg
    NCA.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 52

CJ_725

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find any working solutions either, it's starting to piss me off. I downloaded 12+ games but any game above I'd say about 6 GB refuses to download and gives me the error, I've updated every at least 3 times too

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had this error, i cheked sd for errors, even if it didnt finds anything an invisible folder is created that contains the registry of them, i use a program called "TreeSize" so see these folders, i deleted said folder a big chunk got liberated from my sd, The exact size of the game that created the error when using tinfoil, i also added an "X" to the "contents" folder inside atmosphere to eliminate any interference from plugins, the tried again and it worked for me BUT BUT just cuz it worked for me doesnt mean is a fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game