Can't connect 3DS to router

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Munshine, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Munshine
    OP

Munshine Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    Hi

I've tried to connect my 3DS to my Virgin Media Router (Netgear underneath) but when after I search for the router and I click on it I'm requested to enter the password. When I do it instantly rejects it and says "The data you entered is incorrect". I have 3 3DSs and none of them work. My Wii U, Laptop and phone all connect fine though.

I've tried WPS aswell but it also doesn't work.

I know my password it correct and what's odd is that my 3DS in the past has been able to connect.

Any help/tips?

2. OmegaNubcaek

OmegaNubcaek Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2014
    Hi there,

Just created a new account to reply to this.

I had this exact same problem, also with a 3DS and my Virgin Media router (in my case the Superhub 2). I fixed it by manually changing my router's authentication settings from WEP (Auto) to WPA2-AES.

As soon as I was able to connect (I manually entered the SSID etc - not sure if this was necessary), I needed to do a system update so hopefully this issue has now been fixed. Fingers crossed...

Edit: disabling 'Greenfield mode' in the router control panel fixed it after the 3ds refused to connect again.

3. Munshine
    OP

Munshine Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I fiddled with some of the settings and the 3DSs connect now. Hopefully this can help others that are having the same problem