Can't boot up hans selection screen anymore?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by manpaint, Nov 6, 2016.

1. manpaint
    OP

manpaint GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2014
    Canada
    When I load Regionfree within HB menu and hold L when it load the game boot normaly without the screen to enable custom code (romfs mods) anyone know what could be the cause of it?

ASlso HB menu is very different from what I remember do it had auto update or something or I just don`t remember?

2. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Are you loading the game with 'Region free launcher' or with HANS itself? The menu you're talking about, and the ability to run romhacks, are features of HANS; you can't access with the Region Free Launcher. Make sure you have a folder called HANS in the 3ds folder on the root of your SD card.

And what do you mean when you say that the homebrew menu is very different from what you remember?

3. manpaint
    OP

manpaint GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2014
    Canada
    I have an hans laucher and when I go within with HB menu region free launcher is within (i have somehow 3 of them in differents places)
    Also from what I remember HB used to be a grill (like wii menu) but now its a list.

Edit: ffound why the hans booting files were not in my sd card anymore.

Last edited by manpaint, Nov 6, 2016
  4. wuboy

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    you don't want to use the region free launcher, you use HANS for everything.
    that regionfree launcher was there before HANS existed, and it makes the regionfree launcher obsolete.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    HBL has always been a list. You're thinking of gridlauncher, a HBL mod.

Xiphiidae likes this.