Hacking Question Can't boot OFW/CFW no backup...

exodusrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I screwed up big. I am new to switch, I updated to 7.0.1 but the nsp's would work and after 4-5 hours of tinkering I gave up and tried to downgrade to 6.2. It seemed to go ok but after rebooting I got a splash of atmosphere then nintendo logo...then blank.

So I tried reinx and that splashed, then goes to the Nintendo -> Nintendo switch logo -> error screen with 2162-0002.

So Now I have a shiny new paperweight.. I did have a backup but I accidentally deleted..yea..stupid.

Anything I can do at this point?

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn dude! You deleted your NAND backup? :wacko:

It sounds like you had a LOT going on all at once. I would suggest wiping your SD Card (or use a spare one) and starting fresh. Download the latest release of Kosmos and drop those on your SD Card. Then inject the hekate payload to boot into hekate, select CFW from the Launch menu, and report back what happens.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. Nsps wouldn't work because you were missing sigpatches.
2 . Start from scratch with cfw.
3. Try recovery mode (hold volume up and down while booting; you have to boot through hekate and to stock preferably) and update.
4. Try recovery mode and factory reset/format/initialize the console.
5 . Rebuild your NAND.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Le_Zouave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when downgrading, you need to wipe data. If you updated to 7.0.1 without RCM, it burned fuse and you can't boot with FW 6 on your switch without RCM. Even if you updated with RCM, it only need one time booting without RCM to burn fuse.
Most CFW will ignore firmware fuse, but a downgrading still need a complete wipe.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
when downgrading, you need to wipe data. If you updated to 7.0.1 without RCM, it burned fuse and you can't boot with FW 6 on your switch without RCM. Even if you updated with RCM, it only need one time booting without RCM to burn fuse.
Most CFW will ignore firmware fuse, but a downgrading still need a complete wipe.
That's true but kinda late for him.
Also, he is booting through rcm.

Le_Zouave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's true but kinda late for him.
Also, he is booting through rcm.
He can't boot OFW because of fuse (most likely even if fuses didn't burnt he still need to wipe data). Or it could be autoRCM, activated by choidujourNX.
He can't boot CFW because of not wiping data.
So it's not too late.

exodusrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responses so far, going to try from scratch in about an hour. And yes, I definitely was overwhelmed with all the guides and trying different things.

exodusrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I got to switch today it does not show up in tegragui, I thought maybe a battery drained issue so I let it charge for 3 hours but, it's doing nothing now. Windows makes the plugged in noise but that's it.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
When I got to switch today it does not show up in tegragui, I thought maybe a battery drained issue so I let it charge for 3 hours but, it's doing nothing now. Windows makes the plugged in noise but that's it.
Try reinstalling drivers. Try a different cable. Try a different USB port. Try a different PC.
Make sure it is in RCM (hold power button for 12+ seconds to shut it down and power it to RCM).

exodusrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I can get to hekate, but how do I boot into recovery? Do I hold the vol's when i just turn it on normally? or do I hold them before injecting? after injecting?

I tried going to launch -> cfw it goes to the nintendo logo and then blank.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
OK so I can get to hekate, but how do I boot into recovery? Do I hold the vol's when i just turn it on normally? or do I hold them before injecting? after injecting?

I tried going to launch -> cfw it goes to the nintendo logo and then blank.
You select the stock option in hekate and then immediately hold the vol up and down to get there.

exodusrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No dice so far. I am rebuilding using hactool..got to end and it's doing same thing, maybe I screwed something up or 6.1 was a poor choice. I will try 5.1

exodusrage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITs ALIVE ON 5.1

thanks so much for the help, I'm kind of glad it happened so now I know how to do it. I almost gave up when 6.1 didn't work.

Now to try a backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU