1. xpersona

OP xpersona Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I restored my nand, but when I try to boot into stock sysnand I get the following error;

Pkg2 decryption failed!
    Is hekate or Sept updated?
    Failed to launch HOS!

I can boot into emuMMC without issues.
    Using latest hekate and atmosphere.

2. UTTLCT

UTTLCT Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I am having the same problem but with slightly different error messages. I'm trying to launch stock sysnand from hekate because I want to be able to pair my new third party joycons with ubuntu but the dumping process gives me an error message because I have to pair them in HOS first. I can open HOS just fine if I don't boot into Hekate, but the joycons are still not recognized by hekate so I figured I must pair them in HOS launched from Hekate first. Then, I try launching stock sysnand from hekate and I get the hekate bootscreen with red text in the corner saying
    Failed to run sept
    Then by moving the volume buttons I get:

Found pkg1
    Identified pkg1 and mkey 10
    Error while loading fss0
    atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    wrong ini cfg or missing files!

Failed to launch HOS!

And then I get booted back into hekate. I can boot into atmosphere just fine. That said, I have two sdcards, one for ubuntu and one for atmosphere, and since I don't think I can get banned while in ubuntu, that sd card doesn't have an emummc partition, and that's the sd card that I'm trying to boot HOS from.

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Are you sure you are using the latest Hekate and Atmosphere? Because that error only pops up when you are not using the latest.

4. WiiEJECT

WiiEJECT The One and Only

Argentina
    You are using a version of HOS that's not compatible with your Hekate version.

5. AsukaL1to

AsukaL1to Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah I'm kinda having the same issue except it got worse.

I kept getting an error when injecting the payload, it kept saying "unknown pkg1" and "HOS version not supported"
    then it would put me in the hekate menu where all the settings could be changed.

I asked on this forum what I could do to just boot into the stock switch system. I knew that you could do that by turning off auto RCM mode, but I asked if this would be fine with the errors I got. Someone told me it would be fine so I disabled auto RCM mode and powered off the switch through hekate. Then I tried to power it back on and the switch would not turn on.

This is where I have been having a problem. After turning off auto RCM and powering off the switch through hekate, I can't seem to turn my switch back on. I tried holding the power button for 20 to 30 seconds and nothing happened, then tried going into rcm mode as I thought I could just reinject the payload through TegraRCM but my switch was never detected. Maybe its bc I am using the tinfoil and joycon method of the rcm mode which is kinda scuffed, but I've been trying to get rcm mode to work. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Any Help with this is greatly appreciated.

I tried searching around to see what others have done and apparently I should try removing the sd card then try booting it, but I'm not sure if this is safe considering the only way to boot the switch now is through a payload but idk.
    I'm just trying to get it back to the stock switch system while we wait for the new updates on Atmosphere.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Well if you can't turn the console on or boot into RCM, the first and easiest issue this could point to is a battery-related one. If not that, then you need to use a method with more efficiency at booting into RCM. Aluminum foil is widely considered to be one of the worst ways to enter RCM.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sysnand, Stock,