Hacking Can't boot Atmosphere - very rare error?

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there. I've searched everywhere for a solution to this, but no luck.

Yesterday, I coudn't boot atmosphere after injecting it. All I got was a weird message:

"Failed to send op cond!
Fatal error: Failed to mount at least one partition: I/O error.

Press POWER to reboot."

When I did, it just repeated itself. After some more tries of injecting the payload, I was about to give up and look for help when it suddenly booted into atmosphere, no troubles. I honestly can't remember what I did to make it work - it seems one of the reboots did it, but I'm not sure.

Through the night, my Switch either turned off by itself or powered off somehow. And now I've been trying to inject the payload again, with zero luck. Not even Hekate can do it (it shows me a pkg1 error).

I was on 7.0.1. Now I can't even boot into OFW.

I have tried:
- Formatting the SD card (was exfat, formatted as fat32 now)
- injecting hekate from Kosmos latest, no dice
- injecting primary from latest Atmosphere, no dice either
- still can't boot into OFW, not even without the SD in the slot.

Any ideas on what may be going on?

Reactions: KlariNoX

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I can even hear Windows disconnecting it. :(
disconnect from pc. hold power off for 20 seconds. press vol+ then power, then connect to pc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also try downloading the files again they may be corrupt.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I've searched everywhere for a solution to this, but no luck.

Yesterday, I coudn't boot atmosphere after injecting it. All I got was a weird message:

"Failed to send op cond!
Fatal error: Failed to mount at least one partition: I/O error.

Press POWER to reboot."

When I did, it just repeated itself. After some more tries of injecting the payload, I was about to give up and look for help when it suddenly booted into atmosphere, no troubles. I honestly can't remember what I did to make it work - it seems one of the reboots did it, but I'm not sure.

Through the night, my Switch either turned off by itself or powered off somehow. And now I've been trying to inject the payload again, with zero luck. Not even Hekate can do it (it shows me a pkg1 error).

I was on 7.0.1. Now I can't even boot into OFW.

I have tried:
- Formatting the SD card (was exfat, formatted as fat32 now)
- injecting hekate from Kosmos latest, no dice
- injecting primary from latest Atmosphere, no dice either
- still can't boot into OFW, not even without the SD in the slot.

Any ideas on what may be going on?

Kind of sounds to me like emmc hardware error...

Reactions: x65943

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, tried that too. I'm starting to panic xD

Kind of sounds to me like emmc hardware error...
:o I have literally just sent you messages on Twitter asking about this. Thanks for checking this out.

What would an eMMC hardware error mean?

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, tried that too. I'm starting to panic xD

:o I have literally just sent you messages on Twitter asking about this. Thanks for checking this out.

What would an eMMC hardware error mean?

What happens if you try to mount the SD card over USB via memloader?

What happens if you try to mount internal NAND via e.g. HacDiskMount?

emmc hardware error --> data from internal NAND is unreadable.

Depending on whether it's just the internal NAND that's messed up or other emmc hardware, could mean anything from "need to replace the NAND in the motherboard" to "can't ever boot a non-emunand" to "effectively bricked". Hard to say without knowing if it's actually an emmc hw fail, and without knowing what other kinds of things might be going wrong/whether it's an issue with the nand itself.

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What happens if you try to mount the SD card over USB via memloader?

What happens if you try to mount internal NAND via e.g. HacDiskMount?

emmc hardware error --> data from internal NAND is unreadable.

Depending on whether it's just the internal NAND that's messed up or other emmc hardware, could mean anything from "need to replace the NAND in the motherboard" to "can't ever boot a non-emunand" to "effectively bricked". Hard to say without knowing if it's actually an emmc hw fail, and without knowing what other kinds of things might be going wrong/whether it's an issue with the nand itself.

Give me 5 minutes or so to try those tools you've mentioned. I'll be right back.

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After fiddling with the tools like an idiot, I...am not sure if I have done it right. I'm but a noob, after all.

I could inject memloader and try the emmc sample. It gave me a very fast error message. I tried to the other samples, and it seems the error is the same, but I can't read it. I am puzzled on how I should try mounting it via USB, though.

I have no idea what I should try to do with HacDiskMount. I mean, I can 'see' the SD card when I try opening a physical drive, but then I get an error message saying the media has changed.

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now, while rebooting it, a new error shows up:

eMMC: Failed to get CID!

Say, is there a chance of this hardware malfunction being caused by power outages while the Switch was on the charging dock? We've had many power outages in the past two months, and it seems to coincide to when the Switch first started showing that error.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It isn't a vanilla backup, but it was a stable 6.2 point. Wouldn't the Switch brick due to forcing a downgrade?
Depends, were you using autorcm? If so you probably haven't burned fuses (did you update with choidujour?)

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as the power outage goes I don't think that affects battery powered devices unless there was a power surge. I've had the power go out and the switch has stayed on like nothing happened.

chankarik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Depends, were you using autorcm? If so you probably haven't burned fuses (did you update with choidujour?)
I can access the RCM at the moment by using the jig and such.

And about choidujour...no, unfortunately I updated accidentally. It was so absurdely stupid, since I wanted to cancel it on the nagging pop up, but ended up doing as a dumbass and updating it online.

as far as the power outage goes I don't think that affects battery powered devices unless there was a power surge. I've had the power go out and the switch has stayed on like nothing happened.
Yeah, power was flickering - and every time it did, I would see the Switch light up in the dock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse