Hacking Can't boot after ChoiDujourNX. Auto RCM.

Psycho_Mantis_MGS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I've possibly bricked my switch.

I was using Reinx with autobootRCM enabled, on 5.1.0, but I'd never enabled the exFAT firmware.So I decided to do use choidujourNX to install 5.1.0 exFAT.
The installation was successful, it said the system would reboot. I choose the option to shutdown the system.

But now, I am not able to boot the system at all.
I tried injecting Reinx and Hekate, I tried a different FAT32 card and redid all the files in it.
TegraRCM finds the device in RCM mode, and it even says the payload injection was succesful, but the Switch just wont boot, it keeps on a black screen.

I have a NAND backup but, if the system wont boot, I have no way to restore it.

Can it be undone? Any suggestions of what I should try? Any payload that I might get a response?

Thanks in advance.

(in case you didn't noticed, I'm a noob, and from Brazil... So I'm sorry for any mistakes or lack of clarity)

Psycho_Mantis_MGS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have rebooted it several times. I think I'm gonna try one more time, everything from scratch...

Is there an "easy" way to undo AutoRCM to see if I can get a boot on stock firmware? Since I stayed on 5.1.0, I shouldn't get any burnt fuses, right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have rebooted it several times. I think I'm gonna try one more time, everything from scratch...

Is there an "easy" way to undo AutoRCM to see if I can get a boot on stock firmware? Since I stayed on 5.1.0, I shouldn't get any burnt fuses, right?
If you can't get RCM payloads to work, you can't uninstall AutoRCM. If you do remove AutoRCM, that shouldn't affect your fuses if you're still on 5.1.0 and already had six burnt efuses. If TegraRCM recognizes your Switch in RCM, then the Switch and AutoRCM are probably not the problem. Neither is the SD card.

Last edited by Lacius,

leosel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you reformat your memory card to exFAT, since your firmware already set to read exFAT partition, try doing it...

he11bringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am currently experiencing this problem, restarting comp didnt do anything. i was goign from 8.x to 9.10 and now when i use tegra, it just pops the renix anime girl image quickly and then stays black screen after, someone help me please

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just had this problem, i solved it by actually getting a payload to boot from my phone, my pc, rcm dongles didn't work??

he11bringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so when i did that i got 3 errors, 1 is failed ot configure controller, failed to intialize the SDMMC driver and failed to initialize the SD card, ive updated my switch before so ive always used reinx to inject now im not sure what i can do

Last edited by he11bringer,

he11bringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well thanks for clearing me up on reinx doesnt support 9.x so i was able to find an unofficial release of reinx called retroreloaded cfw and was able to boot my switch, thank you all for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@