Hacking Can't add one specific device as a friend

tiggerxplur

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This post is a bit wordy to not leave out any details.

Summary of the problems I'm having:
Cannot add n2DSxl and o3DSxl as friends locally (works via online friend code)
Cannot see each other in Pokemon XY and ORAS
Stock n3DS can add n2DSxl and o3DSxl locally and see both CFW systems in Pokemon XY and ORAS

Wordy bit:
Don't remember the specifics but I believe I installed CFW on the o3DSxl with an eShop game using seedminer to install B9S, then updated to the current firmware at the time (I think it was 11.5 or 11.6). The n2DSxl was bought shortly after and used a system transfer from the o3DSxl. Then wiped the NNID from the o3DSxl.

After initially installing CFW on both the n2DSxl and o3DSxl I played Pokemon XY with a friend and everything worked flawlessly. This was months ago. Finally picked up my system again to play ORAS with my friend a few days ago and went to update everything before starting.

Luma3DS 9.1
Boot9strap 1.3
GodMode9 1.7.1
System 11.9.0-42u
Other homebrew CIAs were updated to current versions as well

After updating everything I handed my o3DSxl to my friend and we start playing Pokemon ORAS. Go to trade later on and notice that we can't see each other in game. Both systems were added as friends so I unfriended each of them and went to re-add them locally and end up with the error " You could not connect to [Player]". Thought that was strange so I added the systems via friend code, which worked fine. Still could not see each other in Pokemon. Loaded up our previous XY saves and same deal. After all that I grabbed a stock n3DS put in one of the XY games in and loaded up ORAS on the other two and the n3DS can see the other two systems fine.

After this I have deleted my friend seeds and NNID (only n2DSxl was logged in) on both CFW systems. Used 3DS Recovery Tool to try and restore the friend seeds to their originals. Neither worked and I am not sure where to go from here. I cannot find anything similar happening to others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.