gaula92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all!

As you may know, the canoe-shvc emulator that snes mini uses is nothing but an arm executable, which can be run on many ARM boards like the popular Raspberry Pi.
It works with no problems with an small exception: passing the "--sram-file" parameter causes the emulator to fail on assertion. It ONLY happens when that parameter is passed.
We have tried to debug the problem but with no success. Any ideas on what this software tries to do?

Reactions: santamanga

gaula92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hmm, strange you guys don't seem to know anything about what the emulator expects to find on the system to save sram files. No interest on getting this fixed for some reason?

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
What should I check for in the SRAM file?

@FAST6191: Yes, snes9x libretro port is way better but slower. It's just an experiment, and FX games are fullspeed while they are not with snes9x.

My opinion is the Canoe emulator is way better than any SNES emulator that has come before. Where snes9x can run FX games at full speed, it needs good specs to do so where the Canoe emulater doesn't.

Have you checked if the exe has been signed? There could be a few reason why it doesn't run when passing the sram parameter. Most the time its to do with something not matching up

gaula92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Have you checked if the exe has been signed? There could be a few reason why it doesn't run when passing the sram parameter. Most the time its to do with something not matching up

Again, what should I look for in the executable or the sram files it generates to answer your questions?

gaula92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Lets start from the beginning. When you run the command are you typing --sram-file FILENAME.sfrom
I tried passing --sram FILENAME.srom, but then I get the assert failure instantly if FILENAME equals the ROM filename: the game doesn't even start. However, if I pass another FILENAME (mariosave.sfrom, for example) the game starts and then assertion failure is triggered as soon as Mario reaches the map, as always.

Also, pm me if you want to have the files to do your own experiments and need the "tools" for doing so.

Last edited by gaula92,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1