Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to update my personal profile picture and the forum won't let me. Here's the pic I've been trying to use:
RayderCrop.jpg

Even though that particular one is being hosted on pix.gbatemp.net, it won't let me upload it directly from my PC's HDD to my profile....and the profile pic uploader section doesn't seem to allow hosted pics to be selected.

I keep getting the message, "The upload failed. Please contact a board administrator." I've turned off all manner of ad blocker and have tried using IE as well as Firefox to upload it. I always get the same message.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Personal picture needs to be uploaded onto the server which is a pain in the ass since it uses the same URL every time, so if someone has visited your profile before and doesn't clear their cache it still shows the old one.

Avatar can be uploaded either by the server (which goes the same for personal picture (same URL)) or direct link from another website.

Jeff Romanov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the problem caused by sever block or something like that? I don't know this, but I also can not upload my photo. Nobody comes to solve it?
mellow.gif

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I Pm'd a Mod about my Personal photo and all they said was "well it looks like you got your avy working". >> I was asking about my personal pic. I replied but never got a response. Kinda mad they dodged me there. Coulda just said "Fuck if I know how to fix it, sorry."

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jerome10 said:
Can't change my personal photo either
frown.gif
(though posting my avatar in pix.gbatemp or somewhere else, it's a no go for the personal pic...
this. i fergot to mention that uploading an avatar via the avatar page doesn't work, just like the personal picture. but uploading to pix.gbatemp.net then linking to that works for the avy. the personal photo thing doesn't have a link-able option tho
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I didnt have school today