Hacking Question Cannot update firmware with daybreak: Validation failed 0x00011805

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dumped my sysnand firmware (only ofw, no customs) using tegraexplorer 11.0.

When trying to install it using daybreak (on my emunand), I get the following error:

Validation failed with result: 0x00011805
Missing content:
- Program id: 010000000000001f
- Version: 11.0.0
- Content id: d94455f927160729cfab1db3c06bbc0b

atmosphere version: 16.2

tried after booting with both methods:
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
payload=atmosphere/fusee-primary.bin

Any ideas?

Last edited by MSco,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It says "validation failed", so your FW package doesn't comply with Daybreak validation process. Either your package is corrupted, "010000000000001f" is missing or not compatible with Daybreak (tl;dr doesn't have cnmt file). Find better source for firmware dumps (even first link on google is compatible with daybreak)

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@masagrator
I do not want to download the firmware from foreign sources.

As I said. I did not download that firmware. I dumped it myself using tegraexplorer (i chose the daybreak dumping method).
I also dumped it a 2nd time... With the same error message.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@masagrator

As I said. I did not download that firmware. I dumped it myself using tegraexplorer (i chose the daybreak dumping method).
I also dumping it a 2nd time... With the same error message.
And daybreak is using validation process used for cartridge dumps, so clean Switch dumps from NAND won't work. There is somewhere a script that can convert such dumps to be compatible with daybreak, but I don't know where is it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, found it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/daybreak-nca-firmware-files-converter.572010/

Reactions: MSco

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@masagrator

I also dumped it a 2nd time... With the same error message.

its safe to download firmware as you can see DayBreak is verifying it first and no one has ever had issues with downloading ofw from the main sourse you can find it very easily

Reactions: MSco

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@LyuboA It may be safe to install downloaded firmware. However, is it also safe to "download" it? It is not legal to download nintendo switch firmware from foreign sources, is it?

However, I have another question: I updated my custom firmware some months ago to 10.2 using the same method: Dumped using tegraexplorer, installed using daybreak.

Why did this work some months ago and with the current version, the firmware is not compatible to daybreak anymore?

Last edited by MSco,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
@LyuboA It may be safe to install downloaded firmware. However, is it also safe to "download" it? It is not legal to download nintendo switch firmware from foreign sources, is it?

However, I have another question: I updated my custom firmware some months ago to 10.2 using the same method: Dumped using tegraexplorer, installed using daybreak.

Why did this work some months ago and with the current version, the firmware is not compatible to daybreak anymore?

maybe cause you are using older TegraExplorer version lots has been changed in 11.0.0 but i did dumped 11.0.1 with last TegraExplorer and it worked with DayBreak
you can also use Goldleaf to dump the OFW it works too but you need the updated version from Goldleaf thread or XorTroll discord server
and yes its safe to download the firmware if you are so afraid just use VPN

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Get it from Darth. You can even MD5 check the files.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LyuboA

You probably updated your firmware before CFW supported it.

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo won't ever know that I hacked my switch, if I won't go online with it. An illegal download however is more dangerous in my opinion.

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't ever know that I hacked my switch, if I won't go online with it. An illegal download however is more dangerous in my opinion.
so if your not going online then why are you still using firmware 11.0 and not using 13.2.0? Im just curious as to why people stay on such low firmwares while the current ones that are out are fully supported and needed for most newer games to run.... and as for getting firmware from a 3rd party - daybreak will do the same thing if it was going to harm your system

darthsternie is a good source, never had any problem with firmware files from there.
^This is where you should be getting your firmwares from

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about as illegal as downloading a song. its not a big deal, run a vpn if you're that concerned.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Is exactly the same, actually. Not "more dangerous". Taking the corresponding measures to ensure you are safe will keep you free from troubles before, during and after hacking your console.
Being paranoid and do things based on random opinions won't help.

MSco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course I am not on 11.0 anymore, but on 13.2.0. Did you guys notice, that this thread is more than one year old?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...