Apple cannot restore ipod

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i recently got a 32gb refurbished ipod touch 3rd gen ffom the apple store. i set it up normally and it worked ok, strangely though, it would randomly reboot. i googled this and learned that i had to restore my ipod to factory settings. when i did, it gave me an "unknown error 9" now, when i try to restore it, i hear the usb inserted sound constantly and it says that it cant be restored. can it be restored or should i just get it exchanged?

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try restoring it in DFU mode, google for instructions
biggrin.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JustChillin1414 said:
Try restoring it in DFU mode, google for instructions
biggrin.gif
DFU Mode is the first thing to try. You can almost always restore in this mode.

First plug in the device. Power it off. Hold the Sleep/Power button for 2 seconds. Continue holding the Sleep/Power button and press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds. Finally release only the Sleep/Power button and continue holding the Home button for 15 seconds or when your computer makes that "Removable Device has been plugged in" sound. The screen of your iDevice will stay black as if it's powered off.

Did you try DFU Mode and then Shift-Clicked "Restore" then chose your own ISPW of iPod Touch 3G 4.3.3?

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that isnt working for me... when doing the last step, the ipod turns back on with the screen that has the itunes icon and the usb connector...
frown.gif
i will try the manual way you suggested when it finally finishes downloading...

edit: ok, tried all the methods that yoguys have listed and none of them have worked... should i go to the apple store and get the thing replaced? i still have full warranty...

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then I would bring it in. btw did you get it into DFU mode? it will have the screen off but you can still connect to it in itunes ect.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I honestly had this problem before like a year ago. I bought it used and they said it was a 3rd gen. Turns out it was a 2nd gen though. Just check if it works if you try running 2nd gen firmware. Not sure if that helps. If you bought it from Apple though it should have a warranty so just go back and they might replace it with a new one as a matter of fact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, u sure you arent a preteen?