Hacking Cannot get Super Smash Bros. to write to my Sky3ds, all other roms have.

rmarier83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is currently only one 3ds rom that I have (all my roms were dumped using my Gateway on a 9.2 FW 3DS) that won't copy to my MicroSD card with Sky3DS's DiskWriter utility and that is Super Smash Bros. I've been able to write 22 other roms to this same MicroSD card and other MicroSD cards. I keep getting this error everytime I try copying the game into the DiskWriter:
The file "Super Smash Bros.3DS: have no resource data yet, Please update the template.txt

Some things I've already tried getting this to write to MicroSD:
-Using different Template Files (from the most current one (0930b to 3 others, all with the CTR-P-AXCE release of Super Smash Bros. in the Template)
-Using 2 other MicroSD cards (I read sometimes it could be the card, but it didn't help here)
-Using a different version of the DiskWriter (I tried 3 different versions and that didn't change anything)
-Changing the header with Gateway ROM patcher + No Ban no Sky, but I get an error message about the SHA1 is Not in your template file. Check Sky3DS site For updates.
-Format/Re-Format - didn't help either

Might be unrelated, but I'll add this in too: the Settings.ini file, whenever I download the newest Template file which comes with its own I replace that with the one it comes with. But, when I try deleting the settings.ini, then load the Template.txt in Diskwriter, I go and open the Settings.ini file (with notepad) and notice that the list of games that should be there isn't. But, when I replace the Settings.ini file with the newest update the list of games IS there, and the AXCE Super Smash Bros. is in there too (and funnily enough listed twice).
-And yes I've also tried deleting the extra listing with both types being that only one in there, still got the same error message in Diskwriter.
I've scoured the Internet looking for an answer for this and couldn't find any, I hope that whoever reads this can help me get this to work.
Thank you for your time reading this, have a good day.

rmarier83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it, it didn't work either. I've even tried doing this on another computer, same thing happened there too.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm "have no resource data yet, Please update the template.txt" the template you used didnt have the data of this game. Did you use the leatest template? I open template Sept 09 2015 one and I searched for NA/EU/JP for smash and all 3 are there in the template.

rmarier83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried two of the latest updates: 0930b and 0924 these were both released in Sep. 2015. Does anyone here have this ROM written to their MicroSD card?

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Give me like 5-10mins and ill try it on my sky3ds.

*EDIT* I tried and I don;t have a problem with my end. I'm using v106, using 0924 template and run Admin mode on mu EU N3DS.

Last edited by qproject,

rmarier83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a dump from Gateway. All my other 3DS roms that worked I also dumped with the Gateway launcher. Well, I'm just going to try downloading this ROM from somewhere else, you know it's also strange that my Gateway card can load the Smash Bros. ROM, but can't write it to the DiskWriter utility.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm stumped, no clue why it failed to write. hmm the template has its own headerID and trying to write its own headerID, maybe try to wipe your dump headerID and such?

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country
There are TWO different name code for super smash bro in sky3ds template file, make sure you have both
If you change the information of the game wrong, it's also list this error so check what you had change. Try to copy the game with the fresh template file without changing the header and see how it goes.
And if you already try all of the above, try to download roms from some other source

Last edited by kurodax,

rmarier83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was the ROM apparently. I tried Re-dumping my retail version of Smash Bros. to see if that would work and it still didn't, but the ROM that I downloaded from the Internet worked strangely enough. So yeah got it to work, but find it strange that my retail dump of the ROM didn't (even with using different SD cards).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: