ROM Hack Cannot get neo y to work.

GBATemp Irregular
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I did was i donwloaded the decrypted rom off of 3dsisos (dont tell anyone)
Then I manually swapped the files because the java file wasnt working.
Then I compiled the .romfs
Then I stripped the first 100 lines with a hex editor (hexfiend)
I put it in the correct folder and gave it the correct ID.
When I load hans and select pokemon y and the romfs. it just gives me a few dead pixels on the left.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So what I did was i donwloaded the decrypted rom off of 3dsisos (dont tell anyone)
Then I manually swapped the files because the java file wasnt working.
Then I compiled the .romfs
Then I stripped the first 100 lines with a hex editor (hexfiend)
I put it in the correct folder and gave it the correct ID.
When I load hans and select pokemon y and the romfs. it just gives me a few dead pixels on the left.
I think that's where you got things wrong. It is actually the first 0x1000 bytes of the file, which is very different than 100 lines. Just select everything until the end of the 00001000 line, and delete it.

Reactions: Thelostrune

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was watching a tutorial and it said up to ffe
Actually, the tutorial says up to ff0, which holds the first 0x1000 bytes (what I said earlier was a bit wrong. sorry :P). But either way, that was probably the cause of your problem. All the lines up to FF0 are 4,080 lines, which is pretty far from 100 lines.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Instead of downloading the rom from that iso site, you could've simply downloaded the already patched, ready-to-use Neo Y romfs file. That's what I did. Just download the romfs file from there, place it on the card, and choose the romfs option in HANS. Easier than messing with hex editors and stuff.

GBATemp Irregular
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of downloading the rom from that iso site, you could've simply downloaded the already patched, ready-to-use Neo Y romfs file. That's what I did. Just download the romfs file from there, place it on the card, and choose the romfs option in HANS. Easier than messing with hex editors and stuff.
Where do those exist?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: