Hacking Cannot boot Homebrew launcher.

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I installed Homebrew launcher installed via soundhax, installed CFW(luma, FPI, bootstrap, ect.) Everything was fine and I've read that updating the official firmware to 11.6 was ok, I did that and now I cannot launch into homebrew. My 3ds freezes at the intro screen(black background and white homebrew logo.) What do I need to do to fix this? or is homebrew launcher just not working on 11.6?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to go here http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and get your payload for your model and firmware, and put it where it belongs, then load homebrew launcher, and when it boots into homebrew, press L, Down, and Select to get into the rosalina menu, go to miscellaneous options and select "Switch the hb. title to current app" and you will never have to worry about it again.

Reactions: Brothan

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I download otherapp(since I used soundhax) then rename that file to otherapp.bin and replace the one on my sd card then do the rest after I boot into homebrew?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I download otherapp(since I used soundhax) then rename that file to otherapp.bin and replace the one on my sd card then do the rest after I boot into homebrew?
Soundhax wont work for you anymore, you will have to get the cia version of the homebrew launcher, if you have fbi installed, you can get it by scrolling down to TitleDB, it is in there, if you don't, google it, it shouldn't be hard to find

Also, what version of luma are you running? You can find out by holding select when you power on your 3ds

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soundhax wont work for you anymore, you will have to get the cia version of the homebrew launcher, if you have fbi installed, you can get it by scrolling down to TitleDB, it is in there, if you don't, google it, it shouldn't be hard to find

Also, what version of luma are you running? You can find out by holding select when you power on your 3ds

Thanks. I found it.

Reactions: wicksand420

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using v9.0 of Luma. And Homebrew still isn't loading? I downloaded the cia version of Homebrew...

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using v9.0 of Luma. And Homebrew still isn't loading? I downloaded the cia version of Homebrew...
you may have to place your payload into a different place and name it differently, out of curiosity, do you have a new 3ds? also, which homebrew cia did you get?

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a new3ds, and I download hblauncher_loader v1.1 by yellows8. WHat would I name the payload and where would I move it to?

Last edited by Brothan,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new3ds, and I download hblauncher_loader v1.1 by yellows8. WHat would I name the payload?
try this once, I had a friend with the same problem, load download play and when it boots open the rosalina menu like i said above and switch it to the homebrew

Sorry, i didn't see that last part, it should be in a folder at the root of your sd called hblauncherloader and it should be called NEW-11-6-0-XX-USA.bin the XX is what ever it is you typed in for the payload to download

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Using payloads for the HBL is a REALLY outdated method. No need for any such thing. Same goes for the homebrew launcher app, you don't need either of these anymore. Just follow the instructions on 3ds.guide and have the files it tells you where it tells you to have them. Then, load up download play or any stock system app, open the Rosalina menu and set the title as homebrew launching one, then exit the Rosalina menu, close the app you opened and open it up again, you should load into the HBL.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using payloads for the HBL is a REALLY outdated method. No need for any such thing. Same goes for the homebrew launcher app, you don't need either of these anymore. Just follow the instructions on 3ds.guide and have the files it tells you where it tells you to have them. Then, load up download play or any stock system app, open the Rosalina menu and set the title as homebrew launching one, then exit the Rosalina menu, close the app you opened and open it up again, you should load into the HBL.
I did just say that

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What instructions do I follow? What is download play? Does this mean I can just unistall the homebrew app/titles?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What instructions do I follow? What is download play? Does this mean I can just unistall the omebrew app/titles?
Have you been following the instructions on 3ds.guide? Everything should be on there, you need nothing more and nothing less than what is listed there.

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you been following the instructions on 3ds.guide? Everything should be on there, you need nothing more and nothing less than what is listed there.

I used the Soundhax way of getting my 3ds hacked(a while ago,) and I just updated b9s before I came to this problem....so I don't know what specific guide you want me to follow.

What I'm getting here is that I have everything I need installed, and I don't need homebrew launcher on my title screen or on my sd card at all, and that I can delete those and just install any cia via FBI titleDB.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you load download play, it is an app that is built into your 3ds, then press L, Down, and Select, to get into the rosalina menu, then you go to misc options and switch to hb

you can get rid of the homebrew app if you want, but for me i would rather have a homebrew app that loads to homebrew

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You need this version of HBL: https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases
It's not recommended to use hblauncher_loader though because Nintendo logs everything you run while online regardless of your settings which can lead to a ban. It's best to use Rosalina set to Download Play like mentioned above and if you need to run CIA homebrew or VC injects go offline before doing so.

CoolDude94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need help! I did this on a 3ds once, now I am using a new 2ds everything else has been done already, I go to download and play go into Rosalina menu follow steps but get crash screen....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?