Cannibalism?

GutsMan.EXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Completely random
rofl.gif
This has been racking my brain for a while now i just can't figure it out.

Some people get their bodies buried and others choose to get cremated. Now lets say knowingly or unknowingly you mix the ashes with some food, for example a lazanya and you eat it. Does that make you a cannibal? Because your eating a human yet your not eating human flesh?

Thanks.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The matter of out bodies ends up all over the place, including food others might eat, through various natural cycles. Eating matter that once made up another human being has to stop being called cannibalism at some point, and if it's really ash, then it's not human flesh any more, it's ash, and it's not cannibalism any more.

6savwk.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As Veho said, you can't possibly consider ashes 'human'.

Just like you can't say a forest that's completely burnt down is 'a bunch of trees and plants (and animals)'.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gutman5000 said:
Completely random
rofl.gif
This has been racking my brain for a while now i just can't figure it out.

Some people get their bodies buried and others choose to get cremated. Now lets say knowingly or unknowingly you mix the ashes with some food, for example a lazanya and you eat it. Does that make you a cannibal? Because your eating a human yet your not eating human flesh?

Thanks.
It would make you about as 'cannibal' as chewing and swallowing your own fingernails.

Also, props for 'lazanya'. Misspelling a word that incorrectly takes skill and dedication.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so - if it's not recognizable as meat, then it's really just an assortment of elements - mostly carbon after the fire.

Edit: It's the same as how a human's remains fertilize plants - is eating carrots cannibalism? No!

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, sprinkling ashes on human meat is NOT very tasty. It ends up just tasting very charred. You should use a little salt and pepper. Also, the butt or the chest is probably the best part. I don't really like muscular people. Too gamy.

xx_cutie_xx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I personally think it'll be cannibalism because you're eating something that came from a human....
I was planning to eat lasagna after I got home from school but now you made me think twice about eating it. xD

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It isn't cannibalism, you're not eating human flesh, you're eating carbon. And if you did get into something that didn't completely burn, like a bone, I'm pretty sure you'd notice, and spit it out. And no, "eating something that came from a human" does not make you a cannibal, or else anyone who breast fed could be considered a cannibal, or anyone who bites their nails.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was eating a saltine cracker the other day and all I could think was, "Is this as wrong as I think it is?"

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Southpark answers that pretty in S06E12.
Cartman mixes Kenny's ashes with milk and drinks it thus he becomes possessed by Kenny's ghost.

So you are eating the person's soul
evil.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc