Canadian Copyright Law

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by chrispinifer, Oct 28, 2008.

Oct 28, 2008

Canadian Copyright Law by chrispinifer at 1:31 AM (1,115 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. chrispinifer
    OP

Newcomer chrispinifer Advanced Member

Canada
    With all the news before about the new copyright laws trying to be passed in Canada, I'm now not sure where Canada stands on issues, like downloading content such as video games, movies, etc. I know before uploading was bad and downloading was considered fine... sorta. Anybody know what it's all about now? Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. Eden

Newcomer Eden Member

Canada
    We recently had an election in Canada, since the policy was not passed before the cabinet played musical chairs with our tax dollars, it gets put aside until it is once again brought into the house by our elected officials.

3. chrispinifer
    OP

Canada
    So essentially, downloading is still all good? I can fill up my 100gb/month and not worry? hahaha; silly Harper /sigh All that money spent on the election and he only gained a few more seats and maintained a minority government. What a waste of tax dollars.

4. Eden

Newcomer Eden Member

Canada
    Yep, none of our copyright laws have changed, it is still safe to download whatever you like. 100gb/month? I'm guessing Accesscomm... yuck [​IMG] I download that over a week on Sasktel!

5. chrispinifer
    OP

Canada
    Haha I use Shaw; I do get fast downloads; my avg speed is 1.2 MB/s so it's not too bad. But by not using torrents and using another means, I save on bandwidth by not having to upload. Plus.. the guaranteed 1-1.2 MB/s speeds plus occasional speed boosts.

6. Regiiko

Member Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    christ, you guys sure do have impressive broadband.

i'm only on 256kbits, lol ..

7. chrispinifer
    OP

Canada
    The internet itself is 10 Mbps, so when it comes to downloading, it goes up to 1.2 MB/s at it's average speed. Sometimes with Speed Boost, it hits 1.9 MB/s for about 10-15 seconds. Fun times!

8. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Alberta here, but I am also with shaw and also get the same speeds. Note: Although there is a 100GB soft cap on bandwidth.. they have never complained.. and I am SURE some months I must go over almost double lol.

9. chrispinifer
    OP

Canada
    Haha.. I live in SK; I love my d/l speeds. Just wonderful [​IMG]

10. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    This has been posted before.

Right now, this is speculation. The Bill has been put away for now until a time when out government decides they will pull it out of their asses again.