can you write game reviews?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

I have recently been getting into doing some video reviews for any new games i get (type ultimategamer997 into youtube)

but if you have seen any of them, the quality isnt great
frown.gif

SO... i have decided to try and get a team together for a site containing written reviews.

as i have an SCDS i easily get any new DS games i want.
but i only get the odd wii game now and again, this is why, although i can provide WII reviews, i cannot do any very often.

i would like to do reviews for all systems. here is the staff so far:

DS Reviews - me
Wii Reviews - me
PS3 reviews -
360 reviews - da foxx, personager
PC reviews -
PSP reviews -

It is obviously possible for more than one person to write reviews for a single system and for one person to write reviews for more than one system

I was just thinking of doing the site via blogspot - but i am yet to find a name - suggestions please!

if you are interested then please state below

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can do XBOX 360 reviews. I have over 30 games and counting. I can also help you out on Nintendo DS reviews if you want. I play almost every game on it due to flash carts and I can also do the occasional Wii review. Wii games don't come around very often for me but I have quiet a few and can help you out on those once in a while if you'd like.

EDIT: I have a PSP but I'm really not into it so I doubt I'll write any good reviews for it

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:
you two are in
any name ideas?
gamer
ultimate-gamer
ultimategamer
gamingheaven
entergame
entergaming
enter-into-gaming
gameshost
gamehosts
wiredup
gamegauge
gamerage
whatgame

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps3, wii with tons of games, 360, and a dsl with a cyclo evolutin ds, oh and an iPhone. So I can do any of those.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well ive written a few 360 game reviews over at DCemu
but my 360 is broke now

I also have a powerhorse of a PC at my disposal, hacked PSP / PS2 / PS1, and DS with flast cart
and a PS3 with a few games

I do text reviews, no video

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my list of systems in my sig. I have not written any official reviews, but wouldnt have a problem giving it a try. You could also do system reviews and how to's for fixes and such.

As far as names, I suck. LOL. I started my own free forum awhile back and didnt really get any bites since there were alot of them. I named it consolewarriors.

http://consolewarriors.5.forumer.com/

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll totally do written reviews for PC for any games I have/will get, I don't mind doing a bit of writing and expressing my opinion
smile.gif
. Just promise me you'll keep on top of it and won't give up within a week or something, it's just a waste of time if that happens.

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might be able to help out, but it depends on what kind of reviews we do. I've had BAD experience with video reviews - I usually stall and say "umm..." alot, but I still refuse to do a script >>

If I need to do a video though, I will... my other videos (albeit old...) are on Youtube under gaph2000 if you want to see them. I was younger when I did those though, so my voice is higher
tongue.gif
I can write fairly proffesionally though, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to capture all aspects of the game.

I could write for Wii, 360, DS, and DSiWare.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Whilst I don't tend to do many video reviews, what I do is mostly text based with gameplay videos for examples, I know a lot about quality. Something you need to work on.

From what I've seen on your Youtube page, you're recording the games using a camcorder. For a DS I can understand if you don't know how to use an emulator, but to record footage from the Wii you should probably try and get hold of a capture card or a gamebridge. This will also allow for better post-production (You could probably get a Dazzle pretty cheap these days). Also record footage, and then review over it. It will allow you to easily start again without having to re-record footage.

Also script, I'm mainly saying this because of the person a few replies up who says they "refuse to script". Adlib is a bad idea for reviews.

Edit: God damn decided to watch one of your videos, OP. No, just no. Give up. Wait for your balls to drop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: