Hardware Can you use a 4000 Mah battery in a 3G Vita with PSVSD?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both. You have to remove the pci card slot and it's posts to fit the battery. Then wire the psvsd directly to the pins. Move the psvsd somewhere else. In the case.

I'll be doing a video on this in a few weeks

SolidSonicTH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you’re the guy I’ve been mostly referencing on what it takes to put a larger battery into a Vita so that’s good to know.

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is removing the PCI port.

I'll reply again when I show how to wire up a psvsd to it.
I'll also show how to wire up a regular usb thumb drive.
I'll then compare the two.

It will be a week or two for the psvsd video though, I'm releasing a slim battery mod first.

I'm just writing this here if anyone is interested in your question.

Last edited by Anderxale,

yaum

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Anderxale : Do you think there will be a way to softmod the vita to provide it with the right battery amps?
That's what's preventing me to even try doing it... Having to reboot / reassess the battery level when draining too much, and the fact that it might refuse to even reassess under a certain percentage.

Apart this, that's a pretty nice hardmod that you did.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Anderxale : Do you think there will be a way to softmod the vita to provide it with the right battery amps?

I should update the "using the battery mod" video because since turning the vita off for 2 minutes is all that is required every 3 to 4 hours. If you do that there is no risk, just don't use the battery fix app.

I'm modifying a plugin that may show the true battery % in volts. It's not perfect, but at least users can know the true battery % based on voltage. The vita would still need to be turned off for 2 minutes

20210912-214831.gif

I'm sure someone will actually fix mAh someday. I do truly understand the apprehension!

Thanks for checking my mods out!

Last edited by Anderxale,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, hi