Can you update sys titles via WUPInstaller?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by TheZander, Jul 22, 2017.

1. TheZander
    OP

TheZander member

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Hello, due to recent events I was curious if I could update some parts of my WiiU that is currently on 5.3.2 to versions on 5.5.1 if not an entire sys update. But maybe just enough components to make certain things work like Haxchi.

2. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    This is a confusing topic filled with a lot of misconceptions, and varying responses. It is possible, but you'll need to acquire a full set of 5.5.1 update files, I do not have these, good luck.

TheZander likes this.
  3. TheZander
    OP

TheZander member

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    ok i'm on it, the only problem is i could risk bricking if i updated the heel before the toe. So my best approach at this game is to real deal send it and find that modded version and rock the entire boat all at the same time.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's possible, but risky.
    You'll have to update all the sys titles at once (no reboot or return to sysmenu between installs).

a guide here, with a list of titles you need to get from NUS
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-to-5-5-1-from-lower-versions.478867/

That guide tells you to use an old WUP version (from dimok) modded to remove sysinstall protection.
    But it's (in my opinion) not a good option, as this WUP version can only install one title at a time. you have to eject SD, edit content, etc. between each install.

You'd better use WUP Y mod, which can install multiple titles at once, there's a modded version in the thread I linked to, page 2, which removes system title install protection.

be careful, and use at your own risk.