Hacking Can you switch cfw with arm9loaderhax?

Omegapsy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know you "should" be able to load any a9lh compatible cfw directly and have it boot. Though I'm not familiar with cakes, so I may be wrong.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Just install your desired CFW to the SD card, replace arm9loaderhax.bin (or add it to your boot loader, if you are using one) with the one from the new CFW, and voila. 3DS CFWs are interchangeable as they are just firmware loaders and not a replacement firmware.

Deccentric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although it's been said, the best solution is to use a bootloader like ctrboot9 and have one CFW boot by default and have the other boot when you press a key
Thanks for the help everyone. But nooby question. I have Ctrboot installed but how would I add the new cfw to make it default?

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Although it's been said, the best solution is to use a bootloader like ctrboot9 and have one CFW boot by default and have the other boot when you press a key

Noob question but what benefits are there to having multiple cfws? Don't they all do basically the same thing? AFAIK they all can install unsigned Cias and once some have been updated they would all have ability to protect firm as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself