Can you run DS homebrew without flashcard?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Alexander_001, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Alexander_001
    OP

Alexander_001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2016
    I was wondering if it would be possible to run DS homebrew on a DS emulator on my PC or Android phone? I know that they are .NDS files, but I also know that they are designed to run on flashcarts with a special operating system. So, out of curiosity, would it be possible to run NDS homebrew as if it was a normal ROM? All decent flashcarts are so expensive, and being 16 I don't have a credit card, so I can't buy one online.

Last edited by Alexander_001, Jun 27, 2017
  2. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    I am no expert on running DS on emulators, but I know there are a few options on both android and PC. As for a cart with no CC. Depends on the kind of DS you have, but I would recommend buying a prepaid CC from walmart or wherever, and order one.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you can run homebrew in nds emulators...
    in fact, developers use the emulators to test their work a lot if not all occasions...
    if said homebrew requires special stuff like acess to files, you can try to change the mode its loaded in desmume

4. Ranomez

Ranomez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2016
    Romania
    You can run homebrew in emulators and if you have a Wii that can run homebrew I think there is a Wii implementation of haxxstation for sending the homebrew over to the DS with Download Play.
    Also no idea from what country you're in but really you can get a good flashcart for as low as 10$ which isn't that expensive even here where we don't have the biggest salaries....

Lyrin likes this.
  5. Alexander_001
    OP

Alexander_001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2016
    (Reply deleted)

Last edited by Alexander_001, Jun 27, 2017