Hacking can you choose which system updates?

grither

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
think I know the answer to this but want to confirm:

got a new dsi today and an acekard 2i. working great... I know the 1.4 system update blocks flashcarts, however is there a way to upgrade to like 1.3? or when you go to update, I assume it just gives you the most current update? I likely wouldn't even think of updating until there is a 1.4 workaround, but just thought i'd ask if I can safely go to 1.3...

any help appreciated.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully youre not on 1.4 because it does block all flashcarts. But with R4i exploit it seems that hope is cracking through the wall.

No you CANNOT choose which system firmware to upgrade to, only to the newest which is 1.4. DON'T UPDATE. just wait. good things come to those who wait. thats why im waiting for the full DSi mode hack.

~ Jon

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your not missing much anyway.

1.4 is really the only update with any thing new (facebook, browser update, faster camera) and thats because Nintendo want us to upgrade and block our flashcarts.

And it worked. Alot of people upgraded before they knew it would block ak's.(luckily i did my research and found out before i upgraded)

Do NOT upgrade for your own good. All we can do do now is wait for AKAIO(or ak team) come up with a fix.
closedeyes.gif

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does going into the DSi shop automattically update your firmware? I want to downlaod the DSi browser and also register my DSi for the points, but not if it updates.
Anyone know if its safe to do so?

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blink.gif
WHAT dsi points expire????

Even if there in your dsi????

sad.gif
I just got dsi points before the update.

i suppose another money making trick by the BIG N

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat