Homebrew Can someone make a Dropbox sync homebrew app?

aNILEator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it would be amazingly handy to be able to sync save files to Dropbox it would be great for compatibility with smartphone or PC emulators, continuing your save from another device.

I don't mind if it was even a bit of manual moving of files to a certain folder or something on the memory card.

I hope some talented coder could take this on :-)

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest problem with fulfilling your request is that the DS's wireless connection is really slow when it comes to handling the internet.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The biggest problem with fulfilling your request is that the DS's wireless connection is really slow when it comes to handling the internet.
This. It's also the reason why we haven't seen a Youtube client for the DS when even the oldest of phones supported Youtube via Java. dswifi is just... so darn slow. It's probably the only part of the DS that was never fully "nailed" and it's a huge bottleneck.

Reactions: zhdarkstar

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This. It's also the reason why we haven't seen a Youtube client for the DS when even the oldest of phones supported Youtube via Java. dswifi is just... so darn slow. It's probably the only part of the DS that was never fully "nailed" and it's a huge bottleneck.

If I rightly remember, the DS's WiFi chipset could only handle 20kbps download. Very slow

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I rightly remember, the DS's WiFi chipset could only handle 20kbps download. Very slow
I believe the issue is more with dswifi. the dswifi tcp/ip stack only supports a single packet in transit at a time and has issues with out of order receiving of packets. the ds should be capable of faster speeds as the hardware supports 2 MBit connections.
I built a version of fnet for cquake. I only used used UDP for cquake, but the tcp/ip stack builds as well. I only did rudimentary tests for the tcp/ip stack so I do not know if it has issues - if anyone is interested in testing it out then let me know.

Reactions: ipwndeveloper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...