Hacking Can Someone help?

denclock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.4U wii that I softmodded a while ago, and I am running NeoGamma R4 RC2, IOS249 (Rev 7). I get the common problem from Monster Hunter Tri of screeching when the game loads. Also, I now can not get Ghostbusters to run (which I got to run once and then it stopped). I would love to play monster hunter and ghostbuster, I had a patcher on my computer, but it crashed and I have not been able to find it since. I would like to use back up disc, and the back up channel is fine to run games, and I also don't want to lose the ability to play the many games that I currently have been playing backups (NSMW, and SMG2, both currently work). I am not super excited to update my Wii but I will if I need to in order to get MH3 to play. Thanks for any help.

denclock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound stupid, but where is the best place to get those updates, and it has been a long while since I softmodded, so I don't want to screw everything up. Thanks for the quick reply.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uhm in the " apps " folder on your SD. Placing Neogamma on your SD Wont screw your wii up O.o

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The newer revision of NeoGamma should be as simple as placing the NeoGamma folder in your apps folder of your SD card. Now when you open the homebrew channel you should have 2 NeoGamma apps. Your original and the newer revision. To update your CIOS (rev7 is ancient) you need to place the installer folder in your apps folder again. Open up the HB channel and run the installer. You will be prompted to answer some questions as to whether you want to instal via network or WAD. Hopefully your Wii is connected to the internet and you can choose network installation. The installer should do the rest for you.

Just to warn you rev19 will ask you which IOS you would like to base your installation on. I know for Monster Hunter you need to select a certain one (sorry cant remenber which) If you try searching some of the older monster hunter threads the answer is there.

denclock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GPWeaver said:
The newer revision of NeoGamma should be as simple as placing the NeoGamma folder in your apps folder of your SD card. Now when you open the homebrew channel you should have 2 NeoGamma apps. Your original and the newer revision. To update your CIOS (rev7 is ancient) you need to place the installer folder in your apps folder again. Open up the HB channel and run the installer. You will be prompted to answer some questions as to whether you want to instal via network or WAD. Hopefully your Wii is connected to the internet and you can choose network installation. The installer should do the rest for you.

Just to warn you rev19 will ask you which IOS you would like to base your installation on. I know for Monster Hunter you need to select a certain one (sorry cant remenber which) If you try searching some of the older monster hunter threads the answer is there.

I do not have my wii connected to the internet. I can connect it,I just try to keep it from updating. Can I install all of the IOS's or is it a one at a time thing? Should I remove the old neogamma folder?

Also, thank you very much for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi