Hacking Can someone help me with temporary cfw?

JohnnyGappp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I want to use Checkpoint save editor to edit mh4u save but I don't need permanent cfw on my system. I also have r4i plus gold card, so how to do that guys, is that even possible?

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to use Checkpoint save editor to edit mh4u save but I don't need permanent cfw on my system. I also have r4i plus gold card, so how to do that guys, is that even possible?
Theres no reason to not have cfw on the system.

Follow the ntrboot guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00A mit Tapatalk

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're flashcart is listed on the link SkillFeed posted, then you just follow instructions to use flash ntrboot onto it and then you should be able to use that to install a CFW. And I don't know why you want it to only be temporary.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can get free homebrew access like this https://gbatemp.net/threads/steelminer-jpn-free-cfw-us-eu-jp-free-homebrew.506166/
then if you want CFW you have to buy a $2 DSIWare title like sudoku and yes only certain dsiware titles are compatible https://jisagi.github.io/SeedminerGuide/

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can get free homebrew access like this https://gbatemp.net/threads/steelminer-jpn-free-cfw-us-eu-jp-free-homebrew.506166/
then if you want CFW you have to buy a $2 DSIWare title like sudoku and yes only certain dsiware titles are compatible https://jisagi.github.io/SeedminerGuide/
Those methods, while cheap, are outdated with the release of NTRBoot. They also have the risk of not working on newer firmwares. So while those are a good option for someone who doesn't have a lot of money and needs it done today, NTRBoot does have the benefit of working even for temporary cfw. Just copy the luma firm to the SD card, and flash boot9strap to the flashcart. Use the hidden recovery mode on the 3DS to have it boot the ntr cart, and instead of running a perm-cfw installer, it'll load luma instead. This method is similar to Henkaku for the Vita. Every time you shut down the system, you have to do a few things to reactivate the CFW, otherwise the system is OFW.

JohnnyGappp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Theres no reason to not have cfw on the system.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00A mit Tapatalk
Yeah maybe there aren't any reasons not to have cfw on my system but I have them. I recently bought this new 3ds mh4u for 350 bucks so I don't wanna risk bricking it

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah maybe there aren't any reasons not to have cfw on my system but I have them. I recently bought this new 3ds mh4u for 350 bucks so I don't wanna risk bricking it
There's like actually zero risk, in fact installing it is the part people get most paranoid about
But if for whatever reason you feel like writing to your bootrom altering how your system boots twice is safer than keeping CFW installed, here you go https://3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw.html

Last edited by Ricken,

JohnnyGappp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There's like actually zero risk, in fact installing it is the part people get most paranoid about
But if for whatever reason you feel like writing to your bootrom twice is safer than keeping CFW installed, here you go
Gonna try doing it then. I hope everything goes well

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those methods, while cheap, are outdated with the release of NTRBoot. They also have the risk of not working on newer firmwares. So while those are a good option for someone who doesn't have a lot of money and needs it done today, NTRBoot does have the benefit of working even for temporary cfw. Just copy the luma firm to the SD card, and flash boot9strap to the flashcart. Use the hidden recovery mode on the 3DS to have it boot the ntr cart, and instead of running a perm-cfw installer, it'll load luma instead. This method is similar to Henkaku for the Vita. Every time you shut down the system, you have to do a few things to reactivate the CFW, otherwise the system is OFW.
That SeedMiner guide is linked to from 3ds.hacks.guide, and is not outdated.
It works up to the latest fw. (11.7 at the time of replying)

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like writing to your bootrom repeatedly is the most dangerous thing you could do, but hey, to each their own
Good luck
You can't write to the bootrom, otherwise Nintendo would have been able to patch the NTRBoot exploit. The bootrom is a read only area that can be exploited in memory. It's the System NAND that could be written to and possibly get a little corrupted if you write to it too many times, but you only write to it once when installing the CFW, that is as long as it's either boot9strap or fastboot3DS. Those function as chainloaders which in turn boot the proper CFW such as Luma.

Reactions: Ricken

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seedminer is newer than ntrboot and the homebrew access isnt needed dependent on how you use seedminer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!