PS1/2 Can Someone Help Me With Installing FreeMCBoot?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This back-and-forthing is very odd, I've never seen a disc drive behave that way. It could be a number of things, from a dirty lens through an unevenly-aligned spindle to an uncalibrated lens. You could fiddle around with lens calibration, but it's not really recommended without knowing what you're doing as you could burn the lens.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u could spare $2-3 or so for Postage I could install FMCBoot for you on any number of memory cards u want I had another member install for me not too long ago....

If ur getting Desperate :sad:

YouAreNotSugoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If u could spare $2-3 or so for Postage I could install FMCBoot for you on any number of memory cards u want I had another member install for me not too long ago....

If ur getting Desperate :sad:
you don't have to do that. I know somebody who can do it for me it's just that he's usually really busy and lives quite a ways a way but my sister usually visits him whenever she can so i could just send a memory card with her so if it comes down to it. Thanks anyways

YouAreNotSugoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so it's been a while and a friend did get all the freemcboot files onto a memory card and I can see them in the browser but the problem is, the ps2 won't boot up with the memory card in it. It just stays at a black screen. The problem probably is the fact that I'm using a cheap third party 16mb memory card (it doesn't even have a brand name on it so don't bother asking). If I were to get an official sony memory card, could i copy the files over using the browser or do i need to install it using the freemcboot app. I have one available but I just used the cheap one because it has more space

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it's been a while and a friend did get all the freemcboot files onto a memory card and I can see them in the browser but the problem is, the ps2 won't boot up with the memory card in it. It just stays at a black screen. The problem probably is the fact that I'm using a cheap third party 16mb memory card (it doesn't even have a brand name on it so don't bother asking). If I were to get an official sony memory card, could i copy the files over using the browser or do i need to install it using the freemcboot app. I have one available but I just used the cheap one because it has more space

Did you friend just copy the files to the memory card. I did that before and it resulted in me getting a black screen as well.
Try telling your friend to launch the FMCB elf again, switch memory cards with yours and install it officially.

YouAreNotSugoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you friend just copy the files to the memory card. I did that before and it resulted in me getting a black screen as well.
Try telling your friend to launch the FMCB elf again, switch memory cards with yours and install it officially.

no, he did the install through the app

YouAreNotSugoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just try using a 8mb official memory card. It should work with that.

okay. so i ordered an official one and now he has it but, he says he needs my console in order to install it. Everything ive read suggests otherwise so what are the steps he needs to take to install it on my memorycard

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay. so i ordered an official one and now he has it but, he says he needs my console in order to install it. Everything ive read suggests otherwise so what are the steps he needs to take to install it on my memorycard

Unless your consoles has a different region (or that you have PSX), you do not need to lend your system to him to install Free Mcboot.

Make sure your friend do a Multi-install, then it'll work on any PS2 system with the same region.

YouAreNotSugoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it turns out that he's not going to be able to do it this weekend. God this is frustrating, it would probably be easier just to ship it to some stranger to install it. Is anybody here willing to do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol