Hacking Can someone fix my switch

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried updating my Sd card in my switch copied the data from old to new then formatted the old card dumb move I know! Now before my switch would boot to the sxos main screen then goes to black screen now, I can’t even get the switch to boot to the sxos screen. Looking for someone in the USA and reputable to repair my switch issues, possibly update it to the new firmware and use atmosphere/ sxos. Please help

bigdom89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you willing to switch to atmosphere? And can you boot the switch up normally? into stock firmware?

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you willing to switch to atmosphere? And can you boot the switch up normally? into stock firmware?
Up until recently like 20 mins ago I can’t even get it to load to the sxos main screen where it would let me choose what os to boot. But yes otherwise before that I was able to go into normal firmware

bigdom89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but right now if you were to turn your switch all the way off and back on again so it boots normally, can you get to where it shows your games? forget about sxos for now I just want to make sure you can still boot up stock. also when did you get your switch for example is it V1 or V2 or lite?

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but right now if you were to turn your switch all the way off and back on again so it boots normally, can you get to where it shows your games? forget about sxos for now I just want to make sure you can still boot up stock. also when did you get your switch for example is it V1 or V2 or lite?
my switch is an original model switch so I guess v1, and I can only turn on the switch if I insert the jig thing and the sxos payload sender, if I was to let the battery die and charge it back up I would be able to get the console to boot to stock only after I choose the boot original firmware, I’m guessing rcm or something is installed

bigdom89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes in order to turn off auto rcm hold down the power button for about 10-15 sec. if you hear a "pop" sound don't worry thats ok and now you should be out of auto rcm and boot normally or restart your rcm.

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes in order to turn off auto rcm hold down the power button for about 10-15 sec. if you hear a "pop" sound don't worry thats ok and now you should be out of auto rcm and boot normally or restart your rcm.
Just held down the button for almost 2 minutes nothin I’m gonna let it sit for a few days and then try again if not can someone point me to someone I can pay to repair the software side of this thing, it’s not actually broken but idk what the hell im doing

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Just held down the button for almost 2 minutes nothin I’m gonna let it sit for a few days and then try again if not can someone point me to someone I can pay to repair the software side of this thing, it’s not actually broken but idk what the hell im doing
Auto rcm means the Switch will automatically boot in to rcm when turned on. Try injecting a payload now. If you inject hekate you can use that to disable auto rcm, or you can do it from SXOS if you can get that booting. I suspect the reason you get stuck on a black screen when using SXOS is because your new SD Card is formatted in exfat when you only have the fat32 firmware installed.

Edit: If you have auto rcm enabled you don't need a jig either, just an FYI. The whole point of using auto rcm is to avoid the need to constantly rejig.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,
Reactions: lexluth0r

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auto rcm means the Switch will automatically boot in to rcm when turned on. Try injecting a payload now. If you inject hekate you can use that to disable auto rcm, or you can do it from SXOS if you can get that booting. I suspect the reason you get stuck on a black screen when using SXOS is because your new SD Card is formatted in exfat when you only have the fat32 firmware installed.

Edit: If you have auto rcm enabled you don't need a jig either, just an FYI. The whole point of using auto rcm is to avoid the need to constantly rejig.
I was able to remove auto rcm and I’m able to boot my switch without the sxos dongle to stock switch firmware 10.2 but if I use the sxos dongle it just goes to a black screen when I try and select any type of firmware

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I was able to remove auto rcm and I’m able to boot my switch without the sxos dongle to stock switch firmware 10.2 but if I use the sxos dongle it just goes to a black screen when I try and select any type of firmware
That's odd. Do you see the red and black Team-Xecuter image when you use the dongle or does it just go straight to black?

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. Do you see the red and black Team-Xecuter image when you use the dongle or does it just go straight to black?
I see the red and black logo and it even boots to where I can choose the sxos firmware, stock, or click options to where I can build emunand and other stuff but as soon I click any firmware option just boots to black

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I see the red and black logo and it even boots to where I can choose the sxos firmware, stock, or click options to where I can build emunand and other stuff but as soon I click any firmware option just boots to black
Do you know if your firmware supports exfat? It sounds to me like you only have the fat32 firmware but you're using an exfat card, this means when the Switch's operating system takes over from the bootloader it won't be able to access the sd card which it needs to do to load SXOS stuff. If this is the case you can either format your SD Card as fat32, which is what I would recommend, or you can install the exfat stuff to the firmware, which might be tricky depending on how you want to do it. Note that if you decide to format your sd card as fat32 it will delete all of the files on it so make sure you have a copy of anything important.

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware is 10.2 and it was originally formatted exfat, then when I switched the cards I formatted fat 32 but still having the same issues with black screen

NegaBBB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Firmware is 10.2 and it was originally formatted exfat, then when I switched the cards I formatted fat 32 but still having the same issues with black screen
First insert the newly formatted sd card to switch and boot normally, then you should be able to boot sx os. Had the same problem while installing switchroot. Give it a try.

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First insert the newly formatted sd card to switch and boot normally, then you should be able to boot sx os. Had the same problem while installing switchroot. Give it a try.
Ok when I get out of work I’ll copy all the data over again format the card boot normally, let the switch format the card, then I’ll put the boot.dat file back on and see what happens

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check your sd card isnt fake.

when you inserted new sd card your console didnt prompt to update before you can use it.

if so, your console wont boot as sx hasnt been updated, youll need to set atmosphere up, grab latest files off their github and you should be able to boot.

lexluth0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok I was able to boot the switch normally, reformatted the card and I was able to get into the sxos firmware although inactivated, I can’t activate it at all, so I download atmosphere I put the payload.bin file in my root of sd card and I select the option in the sxos main menu to chose payload I load it and nothing but a black screen… I’m stumped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways